Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinman1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 07:43 AM
    Internet Check Connection: Unknown
    On an older P2 machine, this error message continues to come up - 20 or 30 times in a minute. I believe that internally some part of Windows, perhaps a registry setting, has been corrupted; the API definitely uses this call for various purposes.

I would like to STOP this from coming up. Have tried removing/reinstalling IE 6 & 7; running a winsock fix utility. System is XP SP2 w/all Windows updates, running Norton Anti-virus & Zone Alarm.

Help!:eek:

Note: the actual message has no spaces and is all CAPS
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29

Feb 23, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Hello,

Does your internet connection still work? Also, have you run a malware scan, in addition to a full Norton scan?

Feb 23, 2008, 11:17 AM
    I have run malware, spyware and regular full scans - Windows defender, Norton etc

Feb 23, 2008, 11:45 AM
    Oops forgot first part of your q/a - yes the internet connection works fine-

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I cannot access to internet but the internet connection is good [ 10 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a problem, and I have no clue about it. I have a wireless internet connection and I don't know what happened but I can not access to the internet. The wireless connection is fine, there is the green icon saying that the signal is perfect, but when I open the internet...

How do I check a company or Internet Site with the Internet Better Business Bureau? [ 1 Answers ]

I sometimes find a company or Internet Website, that has not certificate etc. How do I check them out with the BBB for the Internet?

Check out these fittings: Sharkbite connection system. [ 8 Answers ]

My maintenance sales guy stopped in this morning and showed me this... and I'm still wowing over it: http://www.cashacme.com/sbpush.php No heat, glue or tools needed - and use the same fitting for whether you're using copper, cpvc, cts or pex - or even going from one to the other. I will...

Unknown internet activity [ 2 Answers ]

Lately I've noticed unknown internet activity on my computer. I'm running xp and have anti virus software, spyware and zonealarm, etc. I'm using a dialup connection and while this unknown activity takes place browsing becomes very slow. Could someone please advise me how I can determine just...

Unknown download from internet [ 1 Answers ]

I left my PC on last night to run a viruscan. When I checked it this morning I had no viruses but I noticed that something was downloading data onto my PC from the internet. I determined this by checking a program I have called DU Meter which monitors the flow of network traffic across my...

View more questions Search