Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dbusaman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2008, 10:18 PM
    About the new 410A freon
    Is There A Conversion Kit For My Old Gauges For Checking R22 To The New 410a?
    youcantstop48 Posts: 152, Reputation: 16

Feb 22, 2008, 10:27 PM
    I have been doing ac for 12 years and I don't know of a conversion kit, now you can buy a set of guages for about 75 bucks that will read all of it and you don't need more than one set of guages!! If you do find out different then let me know
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 12:38 AM
    R-410 gauges and hoses are built much stronger than the ones for R-22. The reason is the higher pressures of R-410. All major manufactures recommend a different gauge set and hoses for use with R-410.

There is also a possible contamination of refrigerant oils by using the same gauge set for both refrigerants. R-410 uses a different oil that is hydroscopic and does not get along well with moisture or other contaminants that you might get by with on R-22.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freon capacity [ 9 Answers ]

How many pounds of freon does it take to charge a 3 ton unit? Thanks, Don

Do you add 30 410a freon pressure like you do r22 and r12 for high side pressure in c [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have to add 30 to the ambeint air temp. like you do for r22 and r12 to R410a freon to get the proper high side pressure reading

Freon [ 2 Answers ]

How can determine if I have enough Freon in the system? Someone told me if coolant pipe is not very cold then there is not enough Freon. Is it true? TG

Getting Freon out of a Freezer? [ 2 Answers ]

We have an old deep freezer that we need to break apart in order to get it out of our basement. ( It still works but the lid is broken.) How can we get the freon out of the freezer so we can use a sawsall to cut it apart? Thanks for input. constance

How much Freon [ 2 Answers ]

How much freon (R19) should be used to fill a home A/C unit. I need to replace the evaporator and must dischrage the system and refill it.

View more questions Search