Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LeeAnnMemphis Posts: 58, Reputation: 6

Jan 24, 2006, 09:39 PM
    Help finding a Con Artist
    I hired a man to install a central air and heating system who had his own business, he was recommended by someone that I though was a "friend". It was a big job totaling about $5,000. He wanted half down, then two $1,250 payments as the work was being done. I agreed, paid 2,500, he showed and started work, I paid $1,250 more the next day. He never came back, owes me around $2,500. I tried contacting the better business bureau, no luck. Hired a lawyer, said he was not able to file a small claims lawsuit because the paperwork was never able to be "served". I drove to the address I had from his invoice, his personal residence had been foreclosed on. I hired a private dective who also had very little luck. All I have are old addresses & numbers, his mothers name & address in Florida, and his ex-wife's email address who has refused to help me. Their house was foreclosed on during their divorce, so they are recently divorced. Any ideas on how to find a current address for this guy?:confused:
    David Zuk, Hernando, Mississippi, H.V.A.C. Residential Service
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2006, 10:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeAnnMemphis
    I hired a man to install a central air and heating system who had his own business, he was recommended by someone that I though was a "friend". It was a big job totaling about $5,000. He wanted half down, then two $1,250 payments as the work was being done. I agreed, paid 2,500, he showed and started work, I paid $1,250 more the next day. He never came back, owes me around $2,500. I tried contacting the better business bureau, no luck. Hired a lawyer, said he was not able to file a small claims lawsuit because the paperwork was never able to be "served". I drove to the address I had from his invoice, his personal residence had been foreclosed on. I hired a private dective who also had very little luck. All I have are old addresses & numbers, his mothers name & address in Florida, and his ex-wife's email address who has refused to help me. Their house was foreclosed on during their divorce, so they are recently divorced. Any ideas on how to find a current address for this guy?:confused:
    David Zuk, Hernando, Mississippi, H.V.A.C. Residential Service

I am sending under private message about 10 addresses to a person by that name, they may of course be other people or older address.

A web address is attached to the private email, do not make that search engine used public

Jan 24, 2006, 10:16 PM
    Thanks Fr Chuck for coming to my rescue, again. I guess you are starting to see that I had a particularly bad 2005? I guess sometimes you just have to "live and learn" But I feel like I've had too much of that kind of learning this past year.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2006, 10:39 PM
    I forgot to ask you if you know how to find the private messages on this board, it is under profile(click) and then click view messages

If you can't find it let me know.

I am located over in Sparta TN about 4 hour drive or so away from you.

I hope some of this helps, sorry I don't know any professoinal people finders in your area. You also may check to see if he has filed bankruptcy. If they are foreclosing he may be. Also the foreclousre records will be public, so you can go to the court house and see if they have any currect address they have used for proof of service.

You know how it is as a priest, you have to know how to hunt people down to make sure they are paying their tithes.
    pburke Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2006, 12:57 PM
    Have you found your man yet?

Jan 29, 2006, 10:09 AM
    Well actually, the sneaky little devil had his house in his mother's name. So even though he lived there the last 5 years and paid the property taxes, the Foreclosure is on her credit record.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2006, 02:51 AM
    I'll bet you dollors to dougnuts he is at his Mommy's house right now.

Feb 14, 2006, 06:22 AM
    Well, she actually lives down in Florida. I think he is still in the area, I just don't know where. And know that I am working 55 hours a week cause of tax season, I don't have the time to find him anymore.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2006, 08:48 PM
    If you see him come up toward Des Moines, IA you send him my way.

I can think of a few things I'd like to "say" to somebody who treated you like that. =)

Did you contact his mother? You just never know what an angry mother can do you know... I'm 34 and if I did this and my mother found out she'd put me to the wall. =)
    LindaNesbit Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 07:30 AM
    LeeAnn - I have some important information regarding David Zuk. I rec'd letter from Desoto County D.A. Hernando MS, regarding Grand Jury indictment 8/07. Call me if you'd like.. Linda.. 901-283-2050

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I Need some help finding some music [ 9 Answers ]

Hey everybody I'm a basketball player and what gets me really jacked for a game is not the music that screams and yells. But the music with no words. So I'm not quit sure what I'm looking for just like beats or orastras. I donno but stuff that gets me jacked are like bag pipes like Braveheart or...

Help finding website [ 1 Answers ]

Not sure if this is the proper channel. I am needing to find a website that shows statistics on how much time (in an average life or day, etc.) is spent on: waiting, looking for lost objects, etc. This is for a time management class I am teaching. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

Finding an artist by song title [ 4 Answers ]

I heard a beautiful song on the radio and only know the title. I think it is "I'll be Here" or "I'll be There" It's sang by a male and it is a sad song. If anyone can help me, I'd really like to know. The song hits home! Thanks, Holly

Help finding an old friend [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I need help finding a friend that I lost touch with. His name is duane johnson I think he is in nc. We were in the military together in the late 80's.

Help finding artist or song title... [ 1 Answers ]

I know this is really vague, but it's driving me batty. I'm looking for the artist and song title of a song I heard at American Eagle while shopping. It's a British rapper/hip hop guy. I was told he's white with dark hair. The song was comical. It was about a girl/girls in general. I can't f'ing...

View more questions Search