Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taralmcs Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 09:38 AM
    Precisely, I am a college student and really only I live with my parents due to how close they are to my college. They want us to be more of a family but it is very hard to ignore the issues with my brother. You have no idea how many times my brother has helped me cook something but refuses to try it when it is done. And when my parents have managed to get a new food in his mouth, he acts like he is going to vomit even though the bite is the size of fingernail. He doesn't want to try anything new. I think this is also a form of control. I think he thinks that if he likes something new then my parents will make him eat it all the time. I can almost understand that because my mom wants "the family" to eat Chinese delivery every night and gets very upset if we suggest something else. When we go out to restaurants as a family, you should see how the wait staff reacts to my brother, they aren't sure what to think of this little boy who'll only order a plate of French fries and has no interest in pizza or ice cream- the foods that most children would love to eat. But I do think I am going to talk to one of the counselors at school and see what they think I should do because my aim is not to get my mother in trouble, rather I want a 3rd party to come in and have a talk with her about how she is raising him and how much he is in danger of not being a normal member of society.
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

Feb 24, 2008, 09:42 AM
    Your brother is a spoilt brat. Your mother needs to realize he is not a baby any more and she needs to tell him if he cannot wipe his own arse he will not get any TV playdatas or anything because baby's do not have them. Does your father allow this to carry on to. Your parents have let this carry on that is why he is doing it they need to put a stop to it now he is playing them for fools

Feb 24, 2008, 09:53 AM
    Good question, my father allows it to carry on because he is the sole provider for the family. He works from home and has about 4-5 jobs. My mother is "a stay at home mom" but doesn't fulfill any of the duties that o along with that title. Did you know anyone who is a stay at home mom but has a maid service that comes once a week? My father sees my brother as my mother's responsibility because 1) When he tries to discipline my brother, my mom will let him off the punishment and 2) He doesn't have time so he takes the easiest route to make both my mom and brother happy.
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

Feb 24, 2008, 09:59 AM
    I am shocked really shocked cannot believe that your mother is like this. I work full time and I do not have a maid have 4 kids my youngest is 7 and I would never wipe his back side unless he is phisically unable. Have you never confronted your mam with this,do her friends know does your brothers friends know

Feb 24, 2008, 10:13 AM
    Her friends won't pry and they really don't see the deep issues because they only get together every now and then, maybe once a month. She doesn't tell them how to raise their kids and they know her well enough to know if they said anything, she'd get upset. She doesn't wipe his bottom anymore, he just leaves whatever is there from going poop there. You can see in his underwear that he picks at his bottom all day because there is more there then in a normal kids underwear. I am kind of worried he could get colon cancer. He also grabs on to his boy parts all day even in public and she doesn't say anything. He doesn't do anything with is, just grabs it a lot, like fidgeting. He has been doing that since he was like 2.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2008, 06:02 PM
    I have been trying to remember but I can't remember exactly but I remember hearing that
    When mom's treat their sons like this, especially letting them sleep with them, that they often grow up with sexual identity problems like once they finally realize that this is weird they don't feel comfortable breaking away from mom and establishing a relationship with a girl. She is definitely setting him up for long term psychological problems that she can not even begin to see.
    mikedem7 Posts: 104, Reputation: 13

Oct 19, 2008, 04:27 AM

Your dad has to put his foot down even if it means fighting with your mother. Dad has to do the right thing for his son. Mom and dad have to go to counsuling right now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother seeking child given up for adoption, 1962 boy May 15 [ 10 Answers ]

I am looking for my son I was forced to give up for adoption when I was 16. Seattle, Wa. Ballard-Florence Chrittenton Home for unwed Mothers. Oregon has had open files over a year, but is the only state that I know of.

A boy and a girl have a mother that is in the circus or gymnastic, they go to the. [ 1 Answers ]

A boy and a girl have a mother that is in the circus or gymnastic(I don't know), and they are taken to a magical world on the other side of a rainbow by a elf/leprachaun(midget... I don't know what he is) in a canoe and they have to help him, his name is Fritz. There is a queen and weird magical...

12 year old daughter sleeps with Dad [ 110 Answers ]

my 12 year old step-daughter won't sleep in her own room. I don't sleep in the same room as my husband due to his snoring. She's 5'8, a B cup bra, wears tight boy shorts and a v neck tight string tank to bed spraying body spray all over before going to sleep. My four year old son sleeps in the...

3 1/2 year old Boy [ 1 Answers ]

So I meet for the first time ever my nephew who lives in a completely different state than I do about a week ago, since Easter is coming up I was thinking of spending him a Easter basket through the mail but would it be right of me to send it to him even though I have not done anything for him in...

View more questions Search