Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    butterflyforever Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Feb 22, 2008, 08:41 PM
    Loan forgiveness-non profit
    I read about a new Bill being passed for after 10 years.. using direct loan consolidation and paying on the income contingent plan you can get forgiveness of whatever else is owed on public and no nprofit degrees? What are your ideas of this plan... with the extra interest on the income contingent plan I'm not sure if its wise? I am not married... but it's the only plan available for the loan forgiveness You also must work in non profit full time for 10 years to qualify along with making your monthly payments on the plan... I am in about 50K debt but then plus interest lol for the 2 degrees I have in non profit for I went to private school and I also went through internships that I had to pay for and didn't get much in grants.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 08:46 PM
    I've heard some talk about a loan forgiveness program along those lines. I haven't heard any specifics as far as what degrees or anything. I also don't know that it has passed. I've heard 20 years before loan forgiveness... etc... so I'm not sure if it is just being tossed around in Congress of if anything has actually been passed about it. It would sure be nice if something like that is true since I'm in about double the amount of loans as you.

Feb 22, 2008, 08:54 PM
    I believe in goes into affect 2009 but not real sure. Ill have to relook it up. And I am sure its 10 years!
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 08:56 PM
    Please send me a link if you get a chance. I'll hope it might apply to me!!

Feb 22, 2008, 09:01 PM
    Project on Student Debt: Q&A about Public Service Loan Forgiveness ANd it looks like payments can be counted since 2007!
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 09:10 PM
    This will be great. Seems like it might work out very well for me! Thanks, and I hope it all passes...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 12:08 AM
    There is already programs for working for varoius government groups and for certain public school systems.

Feb 23, 2008, 01:35 AM
    Yes I'm also doing americorps program to help with some payment. Plus this loan forgiveness will help... and I'm looking at various tuition employment reimbursement programs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2nd home loan for profit [ 3 Answers ]

We are going to purchase a mobile home on 1 acre. We currently have our own home, but purchasing this one for my son and going to make it look as if its rental property that I am going to be profiting off. Because my son can't get a loan. Is it hard to get a 2nd home loan especially on a...

Forgiveness [ 13 Answers ]

How do you get forgiveness for your sins.

Forgiveness [ 58 Answers ]

I know what I believe forgiveness to be, but what do you believe it is? How do you forgive and is it possible to forget? If you have any answer or input to any of these questions, I would really appreciate it.:)

Forgiveness [ 6 Answers ]

How does one forgive a child when they have stolen from you and sold the items that never can be replaced ? I am just so hart broken from this, I know I shoudn't be so hurt but these were things that were my mother's,, she has been gone for 15 years now but it was all I had from her, and I know I...

Forgiveness [ 9 Answers ]

I would like to gauge the groups opinion on a matter that has me seeing red! I am a fogiving person,everyone has the right to make mistakes,for the most part I believe that people deserve another chance,especially if their mistakes Only hurt themselves. Now to the point ,MARTHA STEWART really...

View more questions Search