Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 22, 2008, 06:55 PM
    Plateau? Already?
    Ok, so here is the story.

I have been working out and dieting for two months now and only lost 3 pounds.

What's the deal? Is there anything I can do to speed up this process?
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Feb 23, 2008, 12:43 AM
    Are you exercising?
    Vision Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 12:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Quinn
    Are you exorcising?
    No, but I'm exercising.
    Vision Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 12:46 AM
    Also, I just wanted to point out that you asked a question that I answered in my post...

Feb 23, 2008, 12:58 AM
    Maybe its time to go to bed. LOL
    Maybe you should get some sleep too, you seem a little cranky tonight.
    Just wanted to point that out.
    Vision Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 01:05 AM
    I come here seeking advice on weight loss, not sleep. Thank you.

Feb 23, 2008, 01:09 AM
    Diet and Weight Loss Tips | CaloriesPerHour.com
    There you go.
    Its cold in here!
    Vision Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 01:11 AM
    I know how to diet, and am. I have been for the passed two months. As well as vigorously working out six days a week.

What I want to know is why I have not lost any weight this month.

Feb 23, 2008, 02:01 AM
    If you are counting calories and working out that much I couldn't imagine a better way to lose weight. I know my sister would lose pounds one month, sit at another and then drop a noticeable amount later.
    At least you are losing weight the right way, I've watched that show "the biggest loser" and I've seen a few of these people starve, exercise and some months come out having lost only 5lbs.
    I just now built a home gym and know what it takes to keep going. I would imagine you are frustrated not getting the results you want as fast as you would like. I don't think anyone can give you an idea upgrade here, you are doing more work than any dieter I've known. Guaranteed, if you keep it up you're body will simply have no choice but to reflect the energy you are putting into it.
    Vision Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 02:30 AM
    I've been told that many times. But can't imagine when it's going to happen. I feel like a failure.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2008, 02:47 AM
    As a man, I know that the way to lose weight will be different if you are a woman. At least that is my understanding of it. I once lost over 20 pounds in about a month-and-a-half. But, that was not a good weight loss. I did it primarily though diet. I did not feel good after losing the weight so fast.

I went from about 250 pounds to my high school weight of 183 pounds in a year-and-a-half time. I am still maintaining it. Are you interested in how I did that? Just a thought...
    Vision Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 03:02 AM
    Definitely!! I still have 45 more pounds to lose. Any advice or help would be grand!!
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2008, 03:08 AM
    What kind of things are you eating now? Also, I'm just curious as to why you think you need to lose 45 pounds? Are you that overweight?
    Vision Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 03:12 AM
    I'm 165. My goal weight is 120. And I'm consuming tons of fruit and veggies, with some baked chicken in there. Weight control oatmeal or healthy choice ceral in the morning. Some carrot sticks and celery and a water bottle for lunch. Baked chicken and spinach or baked potato for dinner.
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2008, 03:17 AM
    Okay. Thanks for letting me know what you are eating as well as how much. You do want to know how I did it, correct? The way that I did it might not be the way that would work the best for everyone, just so you understand, okay? I don't eat very much everyday, and I'm also considerably older than you.
    Vision Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 03:19 AM
    So, what did you do?
    Vision Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 03:19 AM
    And what does age have to do with it? As I understand it, its actually harder to lose weight as you have a few more birthdays..
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2008, 03:31 AM
    Age probably doesn't have much to do with it as far as this is concerned with me and you. However, I am more than twice your age. But, as far as how I feel, I might as well be your age.

This is part of what I did. Number one, don't buy any food that is over four grams of fat content. That is one thing that I did.

Do you like Chinese food?
    Vision Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 02:04 PM
    No, I hate chinese food...

And how do you know how old I am.

I don't buy pre-packaged food unless it's like cereal or oatmeal or something like that.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2008, 02:14 PM
    Hiya have you considered that you are probably losing fat but putting on muscle? Muscle weighs more than fat so someties when people start exercising they put on weight. Keep going though because muscle is handy for burning calories so in the long run gaining muscle will help you lose more fat and ultimately weight.

Make sure you are drinking enough water, to prevent you from retaining it. If you are exercising more than you used to you will require more fluids.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I already hit a plateau [ 2 Answers ]

I have been exercising on an elliptical rider for 1 hour a day, 6 days a week, for a month. I also do toning exercises 2-3 times a week. I have tracked every bite I have eaten also. I had two babies in 13 months. I gained 100+ pounds. Since Jan 30, 2006 I have lost 9 lbs, but only in the first two...

View more questions Search