Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kraz Posts: 57, Reputation: 6

Feb 28, 2008, 01:10 AM
    Hi, I lost weight and got healthier/fitter eating more protein and reducing carbs and walking 30-45 minutes a day. I bought some hand weights and walked with these too as I got fitter.

I would have protein with every meal, and would start the meal with a couple spoons of the protein first, (it tricks the brain into thinking you are not as hungry so you don't eat as much). Salads and mostly green colored vegetable you can eat up to four cups with each meal. (except peas, potato needs to be limited) On your salad and vegies you can drizzle a dressing made from olive oil, apple cider vinegar (optional wholegrain mustard).

Try and drink 2 litres of water a day, minimum, limit tea and coffee to one cup per day(very hard for me to do) rule of thumb, for every cup of coffee/tea you should have two cups of water.

If you feel like something sweet have it, don't deny yourself, but all in moderation. If you drink alcohol you might need to reduce this to one a night with dinner.

Good luck
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Feb 28, 2008, 05:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    Most of these people aren't asking these questions because they have read my answers for them on my other posts on the same subject.

As stated, in this post I think, I am eating 1,200 calories. I really don't have the time to type out my weekly diet.

I am doing an hour of cardio (elliptical, and an hour and a half of strength training).

And I don't know how to swim, that was suggested to me before, so that won't help me.

And by musical, do you mean muscle?
    I did mean muscle. Sorry obout that.

If you are having a daily intake of 1,200 calories it's fine.

If you won't to stay healthy all you have to do is watch what you eat in a run of a day. Doing exercising every day well help you out dramatically. If you can't swim that is fine. But even staying in the shallow end and trying to swim will still share the same purpose. To stay in shape you really don't have to add strength training with your cardio. Running every day burns allot of calories. How's this...
    Monday to Friday eat fruit every morning for breakfast
    For lunch you can have a verity of foods but try to stay away from fatty foods.
    Supper have your normal meal like, steak is a great one as well is chicken cooked in the oven not deep fried like KFC.
    If you find yourself hungry in the run of the day try low fat bars found at your local grocery store. Keep in mind you still need to do your cardio work out. If you are doing cardio every day like you posted just remember that you get what you put into it. Try to burn yourself out every 5 to 10 minutes.
    If you are so worried about staying healthy you are already on the right track. All you have to do is stay with it.
    I have read all your posts as well as all the people that added to your post. I will like to add that as much as you may not realize you do sound a bit harsh to peoples suggestions. Keep in mind that we are just trying to see what we can add that you haven't already tried. I am not trying to be a bother.
    Have you tried talking to your family doctor about staying healthy. Your doctor at of all people would have a better understanding our you body type and would be able to give you suggestions on what to do. But you will find that what you have seen posted on this post of yours will some what match what he or she will say to you. I really hope you find what your looking for. Keep your chin up. You are on the right track just stay with it.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 07:45 PM
    Thank you. I plan on talking to my doctor when I get my insurance.

And I do strength training to build muscle and tone up, not for the weight loss.

Honestly, the weight isn't the issue, it's the size. I don't care what I weight, as long as I get fit, and healthy.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Feb 29, 2008, 05:06 AM
    Thank you. I plan on talking to my doctor when I get my insurance.

And I do strength training to build muscle and tone up, not for the weight loss.

Honestly, the weight isn't the issue, it's the size. I don't care what I weight, as long as I get fit, and healthy.

Thanks all for your suggestions.
    Just keep in mind that when working out for muscle ton you will loss fat cells and replace it with muscle tissue. So don't be discourage that when you weigh yourself and find that your not losing weight. Muscle weighs more that fat. I hope it works for you.
    Vision Expert

Feb 29, 2008, 06:12 PM
    I know, and that is the reason that I am not watching my weight that much. But measurements aren't changing too much either. Neither is appearance.

Feb 29, 2008, 06:34 PM
    So what are your goals? And if you're willing to change. Than I can give you allot of information on what you could try. But you do need to follow it to the tea. I train about 12 to 20 people a week and they always come to me regarding there weight and I always help them hit the figure they won't. I hope I can do the same for you. If you like I can give you a schedule that you could go by but it is hard. But if you have the heart and determination you could do it. Just let me know. If not just keep up with what you are doing.
    Vision Expert

Feb 29, 2008, 06:43 PM
    My goal is to be a size 4 again, or at least 6. Now I'm a 10.

Feb 29, 2008, 06:53 PM
    My goal is to be a size 4 again, or at least 6. Now I'm a 10.
    So you would like for me to give you a work out schedule?
    If so, please give me the timings that you have free for the days of the week. I will make you one. As well some foods you can eat threw the run of the day. I will trust that you will not be disappointed. I look forward to your reply
    Vision Expert

Feb 29, 2008, 08:52 PM
    Scottish... that would be great... Would it be helpful for me to list my problems areas, and the areas that I am most concerned about? Any other information that would be helpful?

Mar 1, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Scottish....that would be great....Would it be helpful for me to list my problems areas, and the areas that I am most concerned about?? Any other information that would be helpful??
    That would be a great help. Provide me with all the neoformation that you feel is needed and I will go off that. It will take me a day or so to write it out for you but I will get one done for you. I look forward to your reply.
    Vision Expert

Mar 1, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Neoformation??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I already hit a plateau [ 2 Answers ]

I have been exercising on an elliptical rider for 1 hour a day, 6 days a week, for a month. I also do toning exercises 2-3 times a week. I have tracked every bite I have eaten also. I had two babies in 13 months. I gained 100+ pounds. Since Jan 30, 2006 I have lost 9 lbs, but only in the first two...

View more questions Search