Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2008, 02:21 PM
    You list your age in your profile.

Ok, so you don't like Chinese food. Are you adding anything to the baked chicken or potato? It's also possible that you are eating too much, even though it might be healthy food. Like I have stated before, I don't eat very much everyday.

Also, the kind of workouts that you are doing could be making difference as to how much weight you are losing. When I was actively losing a lot of weight, I was also doing a lot of walking as well as riding a bicycle a lot. So, I would assume that working my legs had something to do with the weight loss.

I don't really know the ins and outs of it or any technical/health language for it. I just know what I did and the results that I obtained. I also was eating a lot of fresh vegetables and rice. Ate almost no cereal and definitely no things that had a lot of sugar in them. No candy or ice cream... (Well, almost no candy or ice cream... )
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Chi momma. Not getting enough sleep will interfere with weight loss Or at least that is what I have heard experts say. Also if you are not eating enough food your body will not burn as many calories because it will think you are starving. I also heard a doc, say when there is a drastic reduction in calories that the body can slow down because it is so used to eating a certain amount and it looses to many calories at one time.
    Also a great site to go on that is free and may offer you some help in your journey is Sparkspeople.com it is a website for people trying to loose weight. They are not selling or pushing anything but a healthy lifestyle.Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople Good luck
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 12:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by templelane
    Hiya have you considered that you are probably losing fat but putting on muscle? Muscle weighs more than fat so someties when people start exercising they put on weight. Keep going though because muscle is handy for burning calories so in the long run gaining muscle will help you lose more fat and ultimately weight.

Make sure you are drinking enough water, to prevent you from retaining it. If you are exercising more than you used to you will require more fluids.

I'm not losing any inches though... and muscle is leaner than fat, so I should be seeing the inches melt away, yes? UGH, this is just so frustrating. I will definitely keep going. I love working out now. And I'm going so hard to see where the result is.
    Vision Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    You list your age in your profile.

Ok, so you don't like Chinese food. Are you adding anything to the baked chicken or potato? It's also possible that you are eating too much, even though it might be healthy food. Like I have stated before, I don't eat very much everyday.

Also, the kind of workouts that you are doing could be making difference as to how much weight you are losing. When I was actively losing a lot of weight, I was also doing a lot of walking as well as riding a bicycle a lot. So, I would assume that working my legs had something to do with the weight loss.

I don't really know the ins and outs of it or any technical/health language for it. I just know what I did and the results that I obtained. I also was eating a lot of fresh vegetables and rice. Ate almost no cereal and definitely no things that had a lot of sugar in them. No candy or ice cream... (Well, almost no candy or ice cream...)
    So I do.

I add lemon juice to the chicken. I'm not eating too much. I'm counting my calories, and it never goes above 1,200 calories.

I'm doing an hour of cardio a day, along with tons of upper body strength training.

And I don't eat any bad stuff.
    Vision Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    chi momma. not getting enough sleep will interfere with weight loss Or at least that is what I have heard experts say. Also if you are not eating enough food your body will not burn as many calories because it will think you are starving. I also heard a doc, say when there is a drastic reduction in calories that the body can slow down because it is so used to eating a certain amount and it looses to many calories at one time.
    Also a great site to go on that is free and may offer you some help in your journey is Sparkspeople.com it is a website for people trying to loose weight. They are not selling or pushing anything but a healthy lifestyle.Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople Good luck

I get plenty of sleep, and like I stated above I consume 1,200 calories a day which is what I was advised to do by my doctor. Thanks for the site though. I will check it out.
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Feb 26, 2008, 01:11 AM
    How are things going?
    Vision Expert

Feb 26, 2008, 01:13 AM
    The same really. Still at 161.

Feb 26, 2008, 01:18 AM
    I'm growing impatient with my results too. I think you are just building the muscle and will burn the weight soon. How long did it take to put on the extra weight? For me it was 7 months.
    Vision Expert

Feb 26, 2008, 01:21 AM
    50 pounds in 6 months.
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2008, 01:42 AM
    I agree that you are probably just building the muscle and will burn the weight soon! It took me many years to go from 183 pounds to nearly 250. It took about a year and a half to get back down to 183. Am now at about 190 pounds and that seems to feel pretty good for me.
    Vision Expert

Feb 26, 2008, 01:44 AM
    UGH! I don't want to wait that long!!
    Vision Expert

Feb 26, 2008, 01:46 AM
    Is it unreasonable that in four months of vigrous exercise to lose 40 pounds?

Feb 26, 2008, 01:51 AM
    Good night folks.
    Vision Expert

Feb 26, 2008, 01:55 AM
    That would be incredible!!
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2008, 01:56 AM
    Originally Posted by Clough
    I agree that you are probably just building the muscle and will burn the weight soon! It took me many years to go from 183 pounds to nearly 250. It took about a year and a half to get back down to 183. Am now at about 190 pounds and that seems to feel pretty good for me.
    Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    UGH! I don't want to wait that long!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    Is it unreasonable that in four months of vigrous exercise to lose 40 pounds?
    I think that after losing just ten pound or even under that amount that you should start to notice a visual as well as feel a difference. It does just take time. If you lose the weight too fast, then you might not feel very good! I don't remember if I told you this earlier on in this thread, but if I didn't, here it is again. I once lost over 20 pounds in a month and a half. But, the result was that I didn't feel good. Losing the weight that I have, gradually over an extended period, I can say that I feel great!
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2008, 01:58 AM
    Please think about what just a couple pounds difference in weight it makes when putting on a pair of pants that you have had for awhile... I certainly notice the difference.
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2008, 01:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Quinn
    Good night folks.
    Good night, Greg! :)
    Vision Expert

Feb 26, 2008, 08:24 PM
    I've lost six pounds now, and have noticed NO difference, so no I don't notice difference with just a few pounds weight loss.

And why did you not feel great after losing 20 pounds? I WOULD!
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2008, 10:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    I've lost six pounds now, and have noticed NO difference, so no I don't notice difference with just a few pounds weight loss.

And why did you not feel great after losing 20 pounds? I WOULD!
    I probably did not feel good because in order to lose the weight, I was not eating enough. So, I was starving my body and it was rebelling.

If I gain or lose weight, I can notice differences right away because of how my pants fit around my waist. Around my waist seems to the main place where I lose or gain weight. I think that it does depend on where off your body you have lost the weight in order for you to really notice any changes taking place.
    Vision Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 01:53 AM
    That's where I want to lose the most weight, that and my face... that's really it.

I seem to be fine with toning up my legs and arms, it's the belly fat and chubby face that I can't seem to get rid of.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I already hit a plateau [ 2 Answers ]

I have been exercising on an elliptical rider for 1 hour a day, 6 days a week, for a month. I also do toning exercises 2-3 times a week. I have tracked every bite I have eaten also. I had two babies in 13 months. I gained 100+ pounds. Since Jan 30, 2006 I have lost 9 lbs, but only in the first two...

View more questions Search