Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    breezo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2008, 03:09 PM
    Blower won't come on in auto mode. Heat only
    Carrier 48SB-030080301 1990 model nat gas. On a/c mode works fine. Heat- burner lites but blower will not come on at all unless on manual. I changed the J2 jumper on thermostat from hg to he to see if I could get by for a while and its been working for about a month now. Other than blast of cool air at first we are staying warm. I've read previous questions answered on this subject and I think I have a bad relay. If that sounds correct can somebody tell me where to find the relay on unit. Also could it be anything else. I don't think I have one of those high dollar circuit boards on this unit. Thanks
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 03:35 PM
    If it has one, check the thermocouple.

I just had to replace one not long ago.

One end of it will be next to the pilot light flame if you have one.

Good Luck!
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 07:28 PM
    The relay is made into the control board. The blower is brought on by time(logic in the board). Cooling is high speed blower, heat is low speed blower and if you turn just the blower on from the thermostat it uses the same speed as heat (low). I hate to say it but it sound like you have a bad control board.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat Q - Blower Does Not Turn ON in FAN Auto Mode [ 10 Answers ]

I just installed a NOMA 7-day programmable thermostat for an electric furnace/AC system (ceiling unit). I believe the wiring (5-wire) is correct. When I set it to COOL with Fan set to AUTO, it turns on the A/C and the fan automatically. Good. But when I set it to HEAT with Fan set to AUTO,...

Blower won't run in auto for heat with oil furnace [ 9 Answers ]

I have an oil furnace. A/C works fine. Heat last season worked fine. Started up furnace this year just fine. But blower would not start on auto. The blower will run in heat mode when set to On. I replaced the Limit Switch in the Plenum. No change.

Furnace turns off at 'ON' mode and will not operate at 'AUTO' mode [ 2 Answers ]

The furnace will not turns on at "ON' mode. After some reading, I thought it would be the pilot light that has gone out. I re-lighted the pilot light to see blue-red flame, but the furnace will turn off AGAIN after 3-4 hrs. Replaced a new Honeywell non-programmable thermostat today with the...

Heat won't come on in auto mode error from diagnostic panel flashing 3 times [ 2 Answers ]

In January 2006 I had a new furnace installed ( a coleman gas furnace Model # BGAA070BDTBJ) and this ran fine throughout the rest of that winter. Early in the summer our thermostat went out and I installed a new Hunter thermostat # 42999 and I hooked it up as shown in the directions and it worked...

View more questions Search