Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emoXpixxie Posts: 43, Reputation: 2

Feb 22, 2008, 01:56 PM
    What is the word for stating the obvious?
    What is the word for stating the obvious? I have a feeling it begins with 'p' but I'm really struggling to remember it and I'm trying to use it in my English homework. So any synonyms for stating the obvious would be much appreciated. Thank you :)
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 03:14 PM
    Point blank?

Duh! Works too, but probably not for homework! ;)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 22, 2008, 03:21 PM
    Perspicuous?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2008, 03:28 PM
    Well, I like saying "You have a magnificent grasp of the obvious" to people, but it's not what you asked.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 22, 2008, 03:49 PM
    The word you are looking for is "Platitude"
    emoXpixxie Posts: 43, Reputation: 2

Feb 24, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Lollerskates, I find 'Duh' useful also. Thank you very much for your help all of you, especially Synnen and Altenweg! You guys helped a lot! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I isolate a leak which isn't obvious [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pressurized central heating system which is losing pressure every night when cool. From viewing previous questions I am sure I have a leak somewhere in the system as I'm constantly adding water to replace the air. My question is how can I systematically go over the system and isolate the...

Ethical issues in accouting-stating what the ethical thing to do is. [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: Ethical issue: the tobacco companies have paid billions because of smoking related illness. In particular, phillip morris, a leading cigarette maufacturer paid over 3 billion dollars in one year 1) Suppose you are the CFO (Chief Financial officer) responcible for the...

Obvious rebound [ 4 Answers ]

Here is the story, Got involved with a married woman with 3 kids and loser husband. She has been trying to divorce him and it would be difficult to do so but could be done. Me single dad going through a separation. I think we have been verry honest with each other, I know I have. So she...

Rebound obvious [ 1 Answers ]

Here is the story, Got involved with a married woman with 3 kids and loser husband. She has been trying to divorce him and it would be difficult to do so but could be done. Me single dad going through a separation. I think we have been verry honest with each other, I know I have. So she finds out...

View more questions Search