Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Saverwing Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jan 24, 2006, 06:24 PM
    Computer Technician
    Computer technitians:

CPU Techs. Gt over 70,000 to 100,000 dollars a year for their work. If you are a profecional you get more. Of course this is a very good job but the only problem is that they get very bad aches in your body. This would be a good job for anyone who likes to do things with their hands. Of course hand on activities are unique because many people rather make other people do the things for them.

Just try it out if you are interested.
    :D
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Jan 25, 2006, 08:41 AM
    Sort of...
    You may ultimately get that $70-$100K working in Information Technology, but it will take awhile to get there...

As an entry level bench technician or support analyst, you’ll probably make less than $30K. Over the years as you excel and become a senior tech, you’re still unlikely to make much more than $40K-$50K.

As you put more years into your career and get more training, experience, and some specialization, you may find a technical niche, management, or network position where you may reach $60-$70K.

After several more years building up your skills and experience, you may get into an even more specialized area of expertise where potentially you could get that $70-$100K salary.

When you look back though, you’ll have spent many years in the workforce to get there.
    mddye Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2006, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by phillysteakandcheese
    You may ultimately get that $70-$100K working in Information Technology, but it will take awhile to get there...

As an entry level bench technician or support analyst, you’ll probably make less than $30K. Over the years as you excel and become a senior tech, you’re still unlikely to make much more than $40K-$50K.

As you put more years into your career and get more training, experience, and some specialization, you may find a technical niche, management, or network position where you may reach $60-$70K.

After several more years building up your skills and experience, you may get into an even more specialized area of expertise where potentially you could get that $70-$100K salary.

When you look back though, you’ll have spent many years in the workforce to get there.
    I whole heartedly agree with you. I work as an IT professional and have been for the past 15 yrs. I make in the $60- 70 range with the potential to go as $100+k as my experience grows with this company. The more quick way to go up in salary is to move around to different companies. But I am happy where I am for now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer [ 3 Answers ]

How to format my compuer

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

Computer [ 1 Answers ]

Why does my computer say "this program has performed an illeagle opperation and will be shut down." All I'm doing when this message pops up is looking from one sight to the next. How can I get this to stop popping up on me. :-/

Computer [ 1 Answers ]

I want information about latest version of windows xp.

View more questions Search