Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    indup2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2008, 11:15 AM
    GE Gas cloth dryer issue
    My GE Model# DDG7280SBLWW gas cloth dryer turns on and after few second I can hear a click but it does not produce any heat. What's wrong?
    rsauv Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2008, 11:57 AM
    It sounds like the ignitor is cracked. If you call a local hardware store, sometimes they will carry your particular model part. If not, look for a GE service center (ie. SEARS)and they will have it.

It is really easy to replace if you have simple mechanical skills.

The part costs between $20 and $40.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to chang natural gas dryer to propane gas [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all new to the group. I have a question about turing a natural gas dryer to propane gas. The dryer model is an LG. The instruction manual does not show how to get to the existing gas orifice. Can any one help. Thanks. Joe

Maytag gas dryer, replacing gas valve coils [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I hope someone can help me. My Maytag gas dryer's igniter glows but then no flame appears. I believe it is the gas valve coils that are bad, so I purchased a replacement kit (3 coils). The instructions say to match the colors of the wires, but my replacement kit has red, black, white...

Convert propane gas to the natural gas dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dryer in the basement that need to be used in propane gas but my current set up is through natural gas. I didn't realize until I try to dry the clothes but it was taking much much longer time... Is there any way that I can convert the natural gas? . Let me know Thanks

Gas water heater & gas dryer [ 4 Answers ]

I just moved into an duplex and purchased a gas dryer in excellent condition from a local thrift store. My trouble is, I don't see anywhere to hook the gas line (from the dryer up). It looks like there is just an electrical outlet. Can someone help? Isn't there some kind of two prong gas line...

View more questions Search