Ask
    taslitskiy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2008, 10:28 AM
    examples of changing fixed cost into a variable cost
    I need an examples of changing the fixed cost into variable cost
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2008, 08:32 PM
    Changing a fixed cost into a variable cost? If it's fixed, it's fixed and I don't see how you could change it. That is, I don't get it. Can you possibly post more details?
    lushinga Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2008, 03:04 PM
    Income can be consider fixed; as in Salary or variable as in Wages. For example, a production manager's salary is fixed while a laborer's wages may depend on how many hours are worked and/or how many products are produced.

I hope this helps.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2008, 02:35 AM
    This question is four months old.

As for the your examples, the fixed cost of the production manager's salary is still fixed -- it hasn't changed. That is an example of a fixed cost. The laborer's wages is an example of a variable cost. So they are two examples, one fixed and one variable. But one isn't changing into another. Meaning, the question as stated still doesn't make any sense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fixed cost and Variable Cost [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone explain how fixed cost and variable cost differ from each other as if I was 3 years old.

Fixed and variable cost [ 2 Answers ]

what are some examples of fixed and variable costs from your workplace?

Fixed and variable cost [ 3 Answers ]

A company sells lawnmowers for $895 each. The variable cost per lawnmower is $520. The company’s monthly fixed costs are $84,500. Using the C-V-P equation from question one, compute amount of profit if the company sold 375 lawnmowers.

Fixed or Variable Cost [ 1 Answers ]

Would plant overhead be a fixed or variable cost?

Fixed cost are really variable [ 1 Answers ]

I need some help regarding my college assignment.. The question is about fixed cost.. Could somebody please help me? “Fixed costs are really variable. The more you produce, the smaller the unit cost of production.” Is this statement correct? Why or why not? Use an example to explain...

View more questions Search