Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jackie917 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2008, 10:25 AM
    Physical therapists
    I was wondering if anyone had any information about the physical therapy profession. I'm attending a college this fall as a freshman. I'm very nervous about the 6 years of school I'm not really sure what to expect. I'd like to think of myself as a good student but I'm scared of failure. I've also been told I wouldn't make a good physical therapist because I'm small (just under 5' 2'' 110 pounds) is that true? Just wondering if anyone had anything that could maybe help me out. Thanks :)
    mrj Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Jackie 917:

Hi Jackie, I am a freshman in college pursuing Physical Therapy so I know some of the expectations. You will need to take a year of chemistry and its labs, a year of physics and its labs, a year of biology and its labs, developmental and general psychology, statistics, calculus, medical terminology, and an oral communication class. At least these are the classes that my university requires. And, you need to do around 50-100 service hours at two different physical therapy locations. To apply for physical therapy school at my school, you need three letters of recommendation. I know this is probably really intimidating, but it really isn't that bad. Just take your time and don't be afraid to ask for help.

As for the height issue, I am not really sure. I wouldn't think it would be an issue. Hope all of this helps. If you have any more questions just let me know! I am happy to help!

-Jennie
    gemini67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2008, 05:12 PM
    I am a PT myself. I'm petite, 4'10, 100 lbs. I have been a practicing PT for almost 15 yrs. I have never encountered any problem regarding my height and weight. What important is that you have the knowledge and skills in this profession. Good luck and study hard.
    Horth Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Mar 25, 2009, 08:34 PM

The only problems you should come across is ROM (range of motion), stretching, or transfers which proper body mechanics or a 2nd hand can fix any of these problems.
    Swagga Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 01:08 AM

I never heard about height requirements for that field but as a person who has to see a physical therapist from a car accident. That encouragement of the patients is one thing you have to remember because we get these injuries it throws us off and we just want to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nudity and physical [ 4 Answers ]

I had a physical about a month ago by a new doctor. The nurse came in first and said to take everything off and to but the gown on and left. When the doctor came in he asked me a few standard questions in the beginning. Right before he started the exam he asked me to remove the gown. I was a bit in...

Physical Science [ 4 Answers ]

What is the formula for speed?

Physical Assault [ 2 Answers ]

What is the statute of limitations on physical assault in New York State, I believe that it is 3 years, but I'm not sure. It is for a case with someone fracturing or breaking another's jaw.

Physical relationship [ 3 Answers ]

I have been having a sexual relationship with my partner for just over a year and I haven't climaxed once is it me or him can any one give me some advice to boost our sexlife PLEASE XXXX

View more questions Search