Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

Feb 22, 2008, 03:29 AM
    Balliffs in the uk
    Just had the balliffs at my door for non payment of council tax. The man was a complete knob he would not give me any advise he was arrogant and nasty he is coming back Monday for £812 is there nothing I can do
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 22, 2008, 03:34 AM
    I assume as the bailiffs have been round that this has already been to court.
    Did you receive the required paperwork for this ?
    Did the bailiff show his ID and the judgement paperwork and also a breakdown of the costs involved ?
    Have you signed ANYTHING?

Have a good read of this: Council Tax and Bailiffs. - The Consumer Forums
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

Feb 22, 2008, 06:32 AM
    I have been all over to the courts and to the council this morning as I have tried to ring the balliff and come to some arrangement. There is a form you can fill in but I canno have that as it is a private company not through the courts.
    Any way long story short went into the local council office and they listen to me and rang the balliff themselves as it was a council tax bill and the balliff has agreed to to £20 per week but he would not agree to that with me he just kept telling me £814 by Monday 2pm.
    So all sorted now should have paid it earlier I know and it would not have come to this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search