Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robingrobler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2008, 01:09 AM
    Portuguese Ancestry ?
    Hi,

I am trying to find out about Portuguese passports and ancestry visa. My boyfriend and I are south African citizens, his grandfather was a Portuguese citizen and his father, though born in Mozambique lived in Portugal till he was 14. I am trying to find out if there is some sort of ancestry visa or passport he can apply for in the EU/Portugal. Is there some consulting agency I can hold of?

I have no idea where to start and the embassy is hard to get hold of.

Thank-you.

Robin
    MsTaz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by robingrobler
    hi,

i am trying to find out about portugese passports and ancestry visa. My boyfriend and I are south African citizens, his grandfather was a portugese citizen and his father, though born in Mozambique lived in Portugal till he was 14. i am trying to find out if there is some sort of ancestry visa or passport he can apply for in the EU/Portugal. Is there some consulting agency i can hold of?

i have no idea where to start and the embassy is hard to get hold of.

thank-you.

Robin
    Can you call the Portuguese consulate (Consulado portugues) or a government office that can somehow direct to the right place?
    renatarobinson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2012, 01:01 AM
    Hi
    I just saw your question .
    Did you get help. I am in a similar situation .
    I went to the consulate a few yars ago but seems very difficult.

Regarda Renata

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ancestry of Bartges [ 4 Answers ]

Does anybody know the family ancestry of the last name Bartges from West Virginia and Pennsylvania? I'm stuck and I need help

Portuguese Passport [ 1 Answers ]

What are the advantage of having a portuguese passport? What are the benefits that my family can enjoy? My husband got a Portuguese passport, and once he gets a job in London he wants to take me (wife) and daughter (2 years). What are the procedures?

My ancestry. [ 2 Answers ]

I've been told I am a direct descendant of Christopher Jones, captain of the Mayflower. If I can trace this and prove this to be true, then I am eligible for a scholarship. Otherwise, I cannot afford college. Im only a freshman in high school right now, but I need to be prepared for my future. My...

Portuguese nationality [ 1 Answers ]

How do you prove you are a Portuguese national ?

Portuguese [ 4 Answers ]

How To Do Translate The World's Greatest Mommy From English - Portuguese

View more questions Search