Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AINOKEA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 07:35 PM
    "Needing Space"
    A few months ago, I met a woman who I started seeing. She was married for 14 years, and in a long term relationship after that. When I met her, I was going through a divorce and she was enjoying being "free" and not having to answer to anyone for once. At first, we would just go to lunch or have breakfast but as time went on, we got closer and closer and I started to stay over her house every so often. About a month ago, things began getting really intense and we could call each other everyday and there were times where I would see her 5 or more times a week. For whatever reason, I began having feelings of insecurity when she didn't see as affectionate or when her emails to me began slowing down. I would nitpick on every little thing and start a "discussion" with her about once a week. Now she feels that things went beyond what we had origionally agreed to and feels that she "needs her space". She said that because of our last "discussion" she realized that things were getting out of hand. In light of that, she let me come over this past Tuesday and Wednesday nights and seemed puzzled when I told her that I was going home rather than spending the night. How should I handle this? I want things to continue between us but I don't know what to do to give her "her space".
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 21, 2008, 08:41 PM
    It sounds like she is lonely and wants someone, but not a relationship. Just a warm body. I'm just saying what it appears to me. I've gotten reddies for this before, so please spare this time.

OP, I'd say get away from her. Find someone that deserves you.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2008, 09:07 PM
    Got to spread pre-chihuahua

If you can handle a superficial relationship with her, then hey, this is for you. However, it doesn't seem like you can. Bail out before this gets sour.
    Vision Expert

Feb 21, 2008, 09:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    gotta spread pre-chihuahua

I don't get it...
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Haha, I meant... I wanted to give you a greenie, but I had to spread it before giving it to you.
    Vision Expert

Feb 21, 2008, 09:16 PM
    Sorry, my brain has a gas today... all day... BRAIN FART!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2008, 06:33 PM
    It sounds like you and her are opposites. You would be able to get along in a relationship with her if you knew how to deal with her independent nature but you are more the analytical type. She sounds like she wants friends only with 'benefits' but she is not seeing how that can affect your perspective to read more into it.
    You are better finding someone more into the home style life.
    You were right for going home and letting her be puzzled. If you had stayed you would have felt lead on.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 22, 2008, 06:59 PM
    You in way to deep, she isn't.
    eruditemargaret9 Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Feb 22, 2008, 07:42 PM
    Roger--going home was a good idea. You won't have to do it again provided you don't go to her House of Confusion.
    Vision Expert

Feb 22, 2008, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by eruditemargaret9
    Roger--going home was a good idea. You won't have to do it again provided you don't go to her House of Confusion.
    Nice!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pro's & Con's of "Compress drive to save disk space" [ 10 Answers ]

Hello everybody I have a question about "Compress drive to save disk space" checkbox that's located in the general tab of the Local Disk properties. I just discovered this feature and decided to save some disk on my laptop but when I applied this feature. A progress bar dialog box appeared and...

Firefox toolbar customizaton: "flexible space" [ 1 Answers ]

Nothing in Help for the "flexible space"... I thought if I put one in there, I could stretch it to be as wide as I like... but it does not stretch. All it really is is a skinny space. What exactly is the flexible space and how do I use it? Thanks!

Fianc?e needs a break/space/"a nap" [ 9 Answers ]

Hello all, first time poster here, so I apologize if I break any of the rules :confused: . My fiancée and I met about 3 years ago and started dating 1.5 years ago. After 4 months we were engaged and had planned to get married in Summer 2007 (I want to finish college). After a year of being...

Split with my girl, she needs "space" [ 24 Answers ]

OK, I know there's loads of questions on this subject but I just need a little more help with this... I was with my girl for 8 months and everything was great apart from the fact I never saw her as much as id like. Here's the background She's 30, has two kids and works full time. When we 1st got...

View more questions Search