Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ding_Dong Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2006, 02:38 PM
    Lost
    I moved and Lost my marriage certificate, Any Ideas whre it could be?:confused:
    kp42484 Posts: 39, Reputation: 16

Jan 24, 2006, 02:59 PM
    Are you looking for another one? If so, you need to know the county and state of where you got the license from.

You can then Google for your county's "clerk of courts" office's website to find out what steps you must take to get another one (each state's rules may vary).

You can also look up your county clerk of courts office in the phone book and ask them. For my state, Ohio, you must go to the probate court office in which you received the license and pay them for another certified copy (they won't let you have the original here).

Hope this helps a little; I was just married so this red-tape stuff is still fresh in my mind! :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2006, 03:25 PM
    Finding
    Quote Originally Posted by Ding_Dong
    I moved and Lost my marriage certificate, Any Ideas whre it could be?:confused:
    You can get a new copy (depending on the state) either at the county court house where you filed and got your original marriage licence, or at the records office of the state where you got married. I was told a few week ago by someone that a few states are starting certain records on marriage and death records.

But the county clerks office where you filed for you marriage licence would be where to start to get a replacement copy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm so lost... please help me [ 2 Answers ]

OK forget that last message... I've done it I've had my 1st real kiss and lets just say it was the funniest thing ever, OK my boyfriend kept making grunting noises and stuff and I couldn't help but laugh so, I ended up choking on our spit!hahahaha it was so funny!if you have some funny stories...

Need help I'm lost [ 3 Answers ]

Hi got a problem with my PC I think.the other day my PC shut down and said"dumping memory" and told me the problem was "tcpip.sys page fault in monopaged area" does any one know what that means and how I can fix it as I'm lost

Lost dog [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I thought I would post on here since I come here often. It's probably a waste of time but worth a try. If anyone is in Austin, TX. That would be the only help. Ill paste from where I posted it somewhere else. http://austin.craigslist.org/laf/127941033.html

I'm lost... [ 2 Answers ]

I have a close group of friends since high school.   4 years ago, my friends who were a couple broke up... Although I knew of the unspoken rule that you should never go out with your friend's boyfriend... I did. It didn't have a good ending. 9 months later, he broke up with me... stating the...

View more questions Search