Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Glory27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 11:42 AM
    Flame on Vailiant Boiler (propane)
    The flame (propane) on our 10 yr old Valiant boiler I(Has 3 zones) is sometimes burning yellow not blue. There are two burners. Each burner has a long grated area inside through which the fuel is burned. The flame looks correct most of the time but occasionally
    The blue flame occurs in the tube (looks like a rocket thruster) that is outside the interior of boiler)i and the grated area has a yellow flame Still have heat. I have not noticed this in the past just recently. Someone said the air needs to be adjusted. Also there is a different sound to the burning process when this is happening
    tsa7man Posts: 154, Reputation: 9

Feb 21, 2008, 12:52 PM
    A number of things, gas (firing) pressure needs to be checked to factory spec, and burners need to be cleaned... and lastly, a good contractor can adjust them to burn MOSTLY with a blue flame... better yet checked with a combustion analyzer to see how the unit is really burning such as CO (carbon monoxide etc.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flame on - fan on - flame goes out [ 1 Answers ]

Thermostat calls for heat, ignitor comes on, burner lights, when hot enough for the fan to come on the burner shuts off. The fan runs for awhile and the ignitor comes back on, lights the burner, runs for a short time and everything shuts off. Then the cycle starts all over again but does not reach...

No flame [ 1 Answers ]

My Trane XE furnace blows cold air. The indicator light blinks 4 times,pause then 4 again.

Flame comes on but goes off [ 2 Answers ]

I have a goodman furance modal gmt115-5b. The flame at heat bar come on only for a few seconds then goes right off.

Boiler shot! Use propane with separate water heater or stay with oil or? [ 5 Answers ]

We have a 4,000 foot, 2-story, 1984 Deck house. It has vaulted ceilings, lots of south-facing glass, wallboard heat and five heated zones. We live in southern Connecticut. The original Utica oil-fired boiler is shot. It has our hot water supply incorporated into it. I am contemplating switching...

Flame on! [ 4 Answers ]

Please HELP. I'm having a problem with my furnace rather it's my thermostat it's no responding to the temperature. I replcae it with a new one and it's still the same the second I turn power on the flame and fan blower turns on.What could it be. The wring it's only two wires. W and r.

View more questions Search