Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yor1940 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 07:30 AM
    72 hr Rule?
    Hi All;

Newbie here, I need to know how long does an alleged creditor have (days,hours?) to answer a debt vaildation letter.

And I have heard that we(comsumer) have only 72hrs + 3 days mailing to dispute said debt? Is there any thing to this?

Thanks in advance yor
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 21, 2008, 07:36 AM
    No, there isn't anything to either. If you tell us the real story, we can help. What have you been contacted about and how?
    yor1940 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 08:45 AM
    Ok, Thanks;

I am taking care Sister-in-Laws bills (she has Big C) for 4 months now, received a unknown CC statement that I have never seen or paid before and I quickly sent them a
    dispute letter asking them to valid the debt as I have not known about this card? Notice the card was/is not behind any payments.

It just shows she owes 22,045.69 right now and does not show a payment for last month
    have got a letter yesterday stating they are turning it over to DC as is now 2 months behind in payments (2X266.42) I called the # and was told to ingore this letter(account is not behind/her words) and they had mailed out proof (validation) on the ninth I told her the threat letter was dated the 10th she put me on hold and 20 min later I hung up - she had my number but no return call?

So??
    yor
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 21, 2008, 09:55 AM
    Can't you ask your sister? If they turn it over to collections they will have to verify the debt before they can win any judgement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cramer's Rule [ 1 Answers ]

I need help trying to figure out cramer's Rule. So here's the problem the equation is 2x+3y=7 x=2y-14 can anybody help me:(

Rule in outlook [ 2 Answers ]

MVIJAY What does meant by rule in outlook

Golden Rule: [ 19 Answers ]

Is the independent value of a person implied in the Golden Rule, e.g. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you?" (Luke 6:31, Matt. 7:12) HANK :)

View more questions Search