Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    denoz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 06:49 AM
    Extracting file failed
    Hello,
    Respected computer expert,

For the past few days I have been getting this message whenever I log on to my computer. I don't understand what is it, I have tried avg anti virus, avast and registry cleaner but the message keep displaying whenever I start my system..

The message is as follows :-

Explorer.exe
    Extracting file failed. It is most likely caused by low memory (low disk space for swapping file) or corrupted cabinet file.

Im really in a fixed!!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 21, 2008, 07:39 AM
    It sounds like there was an install that failed and it keeps trying when you first boot.

Try running MSCONFIG and see if there is something in the startup that is trying to install something. You can also try doing a system estore back to before this started.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Extracting file in win rar [ 2 Answers ]

When I extracting WinRAR it ask me for Volume file and I don't know where is Volume file to put it , anyone can help me :) ?

Computer 'forgetting' certain file types and dwwin.exe DLL initialization failed [ 5 Answers ]

The last couple of days, something strange has started happening with Windows. When I first start up the computer, everything is fine but after a while it is almost as if Windows 'forgets' certain file types. Any picture format will not load in the Windows Picture & Fax Viewer (it either says...

Resident alien student, failed to file W8BEN form, how to claim treaty benefit [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I am a student from mainland China. 2006 is my sixth year in US as a PhD student and I lost my non-resident status. I bought some stocks in 2006 and failed to file W8BEN form with the stock trading company. It turns out they withhold 28% of the transaction value. I am using Turbo tax...

Failed installs, system restore and reregistering jscript.dll file [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all, I am need of help here. I have a two or three problems which seem to be linked to the same issue: registry files. Firstly my system restore calender applet is blank. I have followed the instructions on the windows web site but they fail miserably. Secondly I cannot install...

Extracting Evidence [ 2 Answers ]

Hi- I have an essay to complete regarding extracting evidence from a crime scene. I need to make up a case and process the information available to me in such a situation. I have to explain how I would extract the evidence from a person who has been subject to a vicious attack prior to their death...

View more questions Search