Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2008, 11:35 AM
    Some guys can be sluts too.
    It isn't so much having sex but the nonchalant way some go about jumping bed to bed.
    Simple Asian Posts: 302, Reputation: 13

Mar 2, 2008, 04:35 PM
    well I am 19 also... and I still am a virgin and still in high school believe it or not... lol...

and I also looking for the one that I wan to lose it to.. and trust me that sound corny but lol... watever..

so I can't no give you any advise but I just give you what I am doing right now... that just go hang with your friends and meeting new friends... you don't look for it.. you bump into them.. and it just happens^^ >...

remember that everything start with a friendship...
    Simple Asian Posts: 302, Reputation: 13

Mar 2, 2008, 04:35 PM
    P.S... dang you are a pimp.. lol.. got girls threw themselves at you ? ^^

I wish I can ddo that XD
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2008, 04:20 PM
    I guess I am just use to the word because so many girls where I live go around smuggly stating they... da slut, they... da B****, they... da this and that.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2008, 12:21 PM
    Anarchy42 disagrees: If you make yourself vulnerable and then get rejected, it hurts. That doesn't mean the girl's shallow.
    Please review the AMHD policy concerning disagrees... in posts like this, that concern opinion, you should restrain yourself.

Disagrees are meant to be used when the poster is factually incorrect. If you disagree, please first comment on it with your own post within the thread, and not with the rating feature.

To do otherwise is to ignore the site rules.
    amerchant7 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 12:19 PM
    Wow...
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 12:45 PM
    anon-o-mas,
    I am the type who thinks waiting until marriage is the most romantic thing.:)

And remember that virginity is not a disease you have to get rid of or that you have to follow everyone else around you who maybe into casual relationships.

Be different and hold onto your ideals,when the time is right you will find the one you want to spend your life with.
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Mar 5, 2008, 01:00 PM
    That's awesome. I had a friend that was a virgin till 19 years old. I really think you should stick with it. I live in a college town myself. Those girls who get pissed are what you call sluts. And yes there are plenty of woman out there that don't have to have it. Actually there are lots of people in life that go the whole time being a virgin. Although I do recommend doing it once before you die. I would wait and get through school first then you can meet someone who really suites your needs as well as there's. To cope with not having sex masterbate. And I wish you the best of luck you sound like a sweet guy. OH and yes girls do like virgins that's probably why all the college chicks are all over you. I think they are probably hoping they can be the first... not worth it.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2008, 01:32 PM
    I agree, sex is a personal thing... do it when you are ready and because you want, not because someone else is ready or they want, its your body.
    presley Posts: 6, Reputation: -2

Mar 27, 2008, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-o-mas
    well heres the deal

im a 19 year old male and im a virgin. its completely my choice(ive turned down sex more times than anybody i know). im an atheist so this has nothing to do with any sort of religion, i just want something more than a quick ya know. ive only dated one person seriously. she was a Christian so there was no problems avoiding it there. but here lately ive run into a huge bump. im in college and i get alot of attention from the opposite sex and its getting really hard to turn down. and all the girls get pissed when i say no and want nothing to do with me. im afraid of throwing away my values, but im a guy and my primal instincts are running rampant.
    i could go on but it takes to much time so here are my questions

are there any girls left that want to connect instead of and run.
    and what can i do to cope with my temptations.
    do girls even like virgins.
    edit- to makes things a little more clear im not apposed to sex at all in fact i want it i just need a bond for me to be comfortable.

i dont know thanks for reading
    If a girl gets mad that you don't want to have sex with her,
    You explain why you don't to have sex with her... because she might feel
    You are turning her down for her appearance.

But searching for a relationship is NOT going to help
    Let things happen, the right girl will find you, or you'll find her
    But it will be in a natural way

Just with the flow and let things happen
    And if your worried about girls not liking virgins, it's the opposite
    Most would perfer it.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    Lots of women love virgin boys because they are more honest emotionally and learn very quickly. They are very easy to love in a non-physical way as well as a physical way.
    I felt uncomfortable with this statement. It seems to imply that all guys a certain age are alike, instead of seeing them as individuals. The point isn't age, but finding someone who is more serious about love and life, I gathered. This statement sounds like the sexist way that some men talk about women. Try reversing and it sounds awful!

Asking
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 30, 2008, 03:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-o-mas
    ... im afraid of throwing away my values ...
    I wonder why nobody so far asked anon what values that are.
    What REAL VALUE is there in abstaining from sex?
    Why should a personal preference be seen as a value?
    ;)
    KalFour Posts: 332, Reputation: 46

Mar 30, 2008, 05:03 AM
    Anon,
    I say stick to your guns. I'm a 19 year old girl, and though not a virgin, I'm totally sick of the casual attitudes of people our age. It's a very personal thing, and I find the emotional intimacy the most important aspect.
    If a guy ever got angry with me for refusing to sleep with him, I'd probably slap him (if not something worse). I don't see why girls are getting away with that behaviour when they'd probably abuse a guy for doing exactly the same thing.
    I know a lot of virgins who are older than you, for religious reasons, or just because they want it to be right, and there's nothing wrong with that. I'd seriously like to meet more guys who care about a relationship as much as sex. Good for you!
    As for temptation, I guess you could always work on getting a girlfriend who you actually have an emotional relationship with. And in the meantime there's always Mrs Palmer and her five dancing daughters!

Good luck!
    Kal

Credendovidis,
    I totally disagree! It's a life choice. If he were doing this for religious reasons, you wouldn't think twice about it! Either way, it's a set of moral values that's he's decided are important in his life. I think choosing to avoid promiscuity is a perfectly valid set of values.
    I'm a vegetarian, and in the grand scheme of things, that's just a personal preference. But it's a preference that's important to me. Most religious rules are much the same. Christians aren't supposed to have sex out of marriage, Jews aren't supposed to eat pork. But if people are promiscuous, or if a Jew eats pork, or if I eat meat, none of us will die as a result, we'll just not be living up to the standards of morality we think are important. Why should he have to be explaining himself to anybody?

Kal
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 02:23 PM
    I just went to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a government that carries out very careful studies of all kinds of things related to health.

NCHS - Publications and Information Products - Sexual Behavior and Selected Health Measures: Men and Women 15-44 Years of Age, United States, 2002

Their survey conducted in 2002 says that by age 19, 30 percent of men had not had intercourse. That is, at age 19, 30 percent of men are still virgins. Even those who were not virgins might have had sex maybe once or twice. So being a virgin at this age is NOT unusual. I also don't think anybody should assume that because someone has had sex, it means they have had a lot of experience or are promiscuous.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 11:31 PM
    I respect that you want the first time to be special. That said, here's my opinion. Virgin guys have to learn how to make it special. The first time, or the thirtieth time for you may not be special for her at all. Sex is about two people, not just one. You have a lot to learn sexually. It will not all, magically be acquired when you decide to take that step. Practice being the operative word, you are practicing the fine art of saying no, to sex.
    just_jan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2012, 12:34 AM
    I have the same problem but I'm a chick. I'm 19 and I've turned down my share of guys in the heat of the moment. It's so hard to say no, but I know that when I meet the right guy it will all be worth it. I want the connection that you see in movies and read about in books instead of the guilt that you see in reality. I, however, am a Christian so that is the main reason as to why I am waiting but not necessarily for marriage. I guess why I'm writing this is to let you know that there are girls out there who ARE ready for that connection and some of us DO want to be with a virgin their first time, as well.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Apr 10, 2012, 08:47 AM
    Just_Jan, I am just writing this to let you know that this person, in the four years between the original posting and your reply, has probably figured this out. At the very least will never see your response. It is best to keep your responses to newer threads where the person is still potentially reading the responses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

19 year-old virgin [ 31 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 19 year-old male. This may sound kind of weird, but I can't help noticing that all my friends, and just about everyone I know is sexually experienced/active. I'm a virgin, and a lot of people treat me like I'm stupid when I tell them that. What's going on around me? Is it stupid to be a...

23 year old virgin [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend will not have sex with me. He is very attracted to me, he's not gay, he is not intimidated nor does he have any anxiety about it. He just does not have sex with me. He says that he wants to and when and where is not the problem. My question is, what should I do? And what could be his...

Virgin or Not [ 1 Answers ]

How would a boy be able to tell if his girl friend is Virgin or not?

He's a virgin I'm not. [ 8 Answers ]

So this guy I'm seeing and I have talked about it and want to have sex but he's nervous because he's still a virgin and I'm not. He's eighteen and I'm nineteen and actually only lost my virginity earlier this year (away at university... really friendly prof... you get the picture). He's a bit...

Virgin again? [ 16 Answers ]

So if someone has lost their virginity is it possible not have sex for a cretain amount of years and be able to get their virginity back, to be able to call themselves a virigin once again? If so how many years?

View more questions Search