Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PreacherDJW Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2006, 11:21 AM
    Pre-Teen worn out
    I have a 12-year old son who is an athlete (football, basketball, track, etc.). He is in great physical shape. We have noticed that if he goes for about three or four days, non-stop (practices and games combined), he gets stomach cramps and ends up having to miss a day of school. We know that he is simply worn out. He probably doesn't eat as many vegetables as he should, but his diet is pretty good for being a teenager (almost). Is there any vitamin supplements that would be beneficial in boosting his stamina level or energy drinks that might help?

Thanks.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 24, 2006, 11:41 AM
    Burn Out
    Quote Originally Posted by PreacherDJW
    I have a 12-year old son who is an athlete (football, basketball, track, etc.). He is in great physical shape. We have noticed that if he goes for about three or four days, non-stop (practices and games combined), he gets stomach cramps and ends up having to miss a day of school. We know that he is simply worn out. He probably doesn't eat as many vegetables as he should, but his diet is pretty good for being a teenager (almost). Is there any vitamin supplements that would be beneficial in boosting his stamina level or energy drinks that might help?

Thanks.
    I think you need to get him to slow down a little, kids can get burn out just like adults and taking tablets or drinks as a boost is not really that great for a teen :confused: If this has got to the point that it effects his education with days off then sorry you really need to get him to slow things down big time.

Its good that he likes sports and is keeping well, but in one simple word you can do too much sometimes. We all love our kids and want them to do well, that's why we also need to look after them to ensure no harm comes to them.

With some of the stuff also you added to the post, I'd take your son to the doctors just to get him checked over.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80s hit in not another teen movie [ 4 Answers ]

What is the name of the 80's song/electronic piece interlude (and the artist) that is played at the point where the 3 kids say ROAD TRIP!! And then drive down just to the next block.

I Know A Teen Molester [ 91 Answers ]

My 15yr.old Nephew Is A Teenage Molester. My Sister Wants Me To Help Her Get Him Help, But We Can't Find Anyone That Will Help Her W/o Threatening To Turn Her In To Have Her Other Kids Taken Away. I Have Called Every Mental Facility In Our State. They All Say They Will Turn Her In To Dhs. This Is...

80s teen movie [ 2 Answers ]

I have this movie in my head. It's a scifi 80s teen movie that deals w this dude who has telekinetic powers and near the end of the movie he's @ a school dance, he gets drunk by accident and ends up messing up the whole party. Also, he gets hit in the head during the party and when he wakes up, he...

Teen Dating? [ 10 Answers ]

I was wanting to know who you people think should pay for dates. The teen girl or teen guy or would it be best to split the cost ?

Teen [ 1 Answers ]

How do you giv a girl the best orgasm? :confused:

View more questions Search