Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alpha1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 02:19 AM
    Having trouble with internet connection
    I bought a Compaq Armada M700 Laptop with no installation disk with it. I have no internet connection. When I go to device manager I see under other devices Ethernet Controller problems. What can I do to remedy this?

This question maybe confusing. I have no internet connection. When I go to device drivers, ethernet controller has problems.
    gilton Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Feb 21, 2008, 02:35 AM
    Hello,
    I'm confused. You didn't mention for which driver you are looking for (Windows XP or Windows Vista)
    Any way this link contains all OS drivers

Compaq Armada M700 Family of Laptops Software Driver Page
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2008, 09:13 PM
    In device manager, right click on the controller with problems and choose uninstall
    Say OK, once uninstaled go up to top and click 'actions' and then click 'xacn for hardware changes' It should find ehternet controller, select option to have windows install it
    This should fix it, post back

Feb 21, 2008, 10:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83
    in device manager, right click on the controller with problems and choose uninstall
    say OK, once uninstaled go up to top and click 'actions' and then click 'xacn for hardware changes' It should find ehternet controller, select option to have windows install it
    this should fix it, post back
    I've done all of the above, but when I clicked on the action and a window pops up, which says "Welcome to the found new Hardware Wizard." I click on Next, and it gives me two options: 1) Search for a suitable driver for my device (recommended). 2) Display a list of the known drivers for this device so that I can choose a specific driver.

I picked the first one, I hit next, and the next window comes up. It shows cd-rom drivers, specify a location, and these are the only two options I have to pick. I click on next with cd-rom drivers checked, and it searches through the cd windows 2000, but does not find the driver.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 12:07 AM
    Are you using windows 2000? The link Gilton posted above is probably where you need to get this driver. Go to the link listed above and then click on the operating system you are running (XP, 98, 2000, etc.. ) on the page that comes up, go down to Network drivers
    I'm assuming you will need this one - Mobile Intel PRO/100 NIC Drivers
    Download that - it is an .exe file, so run that when you get it and follow intructions if they come up
    If you need help with getting them installed - post back

Feb 22, 2008, 01:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83
    Are you using windows 2000? The link Gilton posted above is probably where you need to get this driver. Go to the link listed above and then click on the operating system you are running (XP, 98, 2000, etc..) on the page that comes up, go down to Network drivers
    I'm assuming you will need this one - Mobile Intel PRO/100 NIC Drivers
    download that - it is an .exe file, so run that when you get it and follow intructions if they come up
    If you need help with getting them installed - post back
    Thanks for the help, I got the laptop on internet connection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I cannot access to internet but the internet connection is good [ 10 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a problem, and I have no clue about it. I have a wireless internet connection and I don't know what happened but I can not access to the internet. The wireless connection is fine, there is the green icon saying that the signal is perfect, but when I open the internet...

Connection to the internet [ 5 Answers ]

I am attempting to hookup my laptop to the cable modem at my house. My PC is connected and works fine. My laptop cannot connect to the net. I tried the ipconfig with no luck. It says the media is not connected. The laptop connects just fine at my office. I also have the firewall turned off.

Wireless connection trouble [ 5 Answers ]

I'm in network connections and I've highlighted the wireless network connection icon. On the left hand side (in details) it flashes and reads Ip- 0.0.0.0 Subnet Mask- 0.0.0.0 Assigned by dhcp Ipv6 enabled Access point: calvins (thats fine) Encryption :disabled Signal Strength: good

Internet connection [ 1 Answers ]

How can connect internet with telephonelines? Please show process step by step.

View more questions Search