Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Feb 23, 2008, 10:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KalFour
    Ok... the next person who writes "No, it's statutory rape!" is going to get e-slapped!
    Read the posts people!
    I'm so sick of people in the US assuming that their laws apply everywhere else! If you want to argue a moral point of view, go nuts, but don't try threatening jail-time on people who are behaving perfectly within the law. The age of consent in my country is 16, apparently in his it's 14. You don't have to agree with it, but that's the way it is!

In actuality it has nothing to do with our laws, it has everything to do with the age and morality, I remember at 14, I had no desire to get intimate, virginity is something sacred, and can wait. As a parent I wouldn't approve of my child having relations in making the mistake I did, although I waited much until I was ready... which was almost 18, and I was married... Had I known the consequences of my actions I would have waited there is really no rush. I don't care what country you are from 14 is just the beginning of your teenage years... It should be with someone special therefore it can wait... emotionally, it may not be the right decision... At 14 there is so much more important things you can be thinking about rather than sex, and you really don't enjoy it until later in life... I think most would agree, our laws are imposed for the safety of our children, and it is logical... I dated someone 10 years older than me, I am now divorced... I am not saying it can't work but some manipulate the situation... 14 is a very vunerable age, and emotionally it can be damaging no matter how mature the female is... Again it's all about morality, and respect... For a young woman at that age 14 is yet so tender, and still innocent.. I am going to just comment that even though the law allows it in your country.. if he had to post the question it really means that deep inside he have second thoughts and her age is a concern otherwise he wouldn't care to get others opinion... By him asking this question it tells me a great deal about him... so with that being said I would say no, don't have sex with her...
    youcantstop48 Posts: 152, Reputation: 16

Feb 23, 2008, 10:27 PM
    Yea but you know he isn't thinking that way, he is on a one way thinking street and it doesn't matter how old he is, we will probably see him on the news before 2 long!!

Feb 23, 2008, 10:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by youcantstop48
    yea but you know he isnt thinking that way, he is on a one way thinking street and it doesnt matter how old he is, we will probably see him on the news before 2 long!!!!

My whole point is consciously he knows there is something wrong and her age is in fact an issue.. otherwise why would he ask, and try to justify that it's legal... Perhaps, he doesn't get much action and is desperate and anxious... even still NO NO NO... don't ruin this girl life, if you were any friend to her brother's you wouldn't even consider touching her...

Feb 23, 2008, 10:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jolienoire
    my whole point is consciously he knows there is something wrong and her age is infact an issue.. otherwise why would he ask, and try to justify that it's legal... Perhaps, he doesn't get much action and is desperate and anxious... even still NO NO NO.... don't ruin this girl life, if you were any friend to her brother's you wouldn't even consider touching her....
    Well there is something going through his head and he is the only one that knows that, it seems like there would be more women around him age that he would be attracted to instead of a 14 year old, seems kind of weird to me!!

Feb 23, 2008, 10:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by youcantstop48
    well there is something going through his head and he is the only one that knows that, it seems like there would be more women around him age that he would be attracted to insted of a 14 year old, seems kinda weird to me!!!

I agree... I totally agree, I have a daughter and son... If my son asked me this question I would tell him the same, if my daughter tell me this I would probably look for the guy with my... let's just it wouldn't be good.
    KalFour Posts: 332, Reputation: 46

Feb 23, 2008, 10:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jolienoire
    In actuality it has nothing to do with our laws, it has everything to do with the age and morality, I remember at 14, I had no desire to get intimate, virginity is something sacred, and can wait. as a parent I wouldn't approve of my child having relations in making the mistake I did, although I waited much until I was ready... which was almost 18, and I was married... Had I known the consequences of my actions I would have waited there is really no rush. I don't care what country you are from 14 is just the begining of your teenage years... It should be with someone special therefore it can wait...emotionally, it may not be the right decision... At 14 there is so much more important things you can be thinking about rather than sex, and you really don't enjoy it until later in life.... I think most would agree, our laws are imposed for the safety of our children, and it is logical... I dated someone 10 years older than me, I am now divorced... I am not saying it can't work but some manipulate the situation... 14 is a very vunerable age, and emotionally it can be damaging no matter how mature the female is... Again it's all about morality, and respect... For a young woman at that age 14 is yet so tender, and still innocent.. I am going to just comment that even though the law allows it in your country.. if he had to post the question it really means that deep inside he have second thoughts and her age is a concern otherwise he wouldn't care to get others opinion... By him asking this question it tells me a great deal about him...so with that being said I would say no, don't have sex with her...
    Yeah. Good! See that's the kind of response people should be putting up! My point was, don't try to justify your argument from a legal point of view when your laws do not apply. You're arguing morally, so that's fine.
    "In actuality it has nothing to do with our laws, it has everything to do with the age and morality" - Many people have been posting about the legal side, which I find both tedious and culturally ignorant. You're at least arguing from a different point of view. But you have to remember that morality also remains a subjective issue. Many people people would see nothing immoral about sex between 2 people over the age of consent provided that they both go about it willingly. Try to remember that not everyone shares the same religious views or cultural background, and opinions about right and wrong can vary greatly.
    You can't just say it's immoral, you have to say why.
    I'm not saying you're wrong, and I personally believe that the age gap is too big, and she's probably too naïve for this situation... and in fairness to you Jolienoire, most of my ranting is really directed at other posters... but please people, remember that the entire world is not governed by a single set of rules!!

But back to the point... I don't think you should sleep with her.

Feb 23, 2008, 10:49 PM
    If my daughter tell me this I would probably look for the guy with my... let's just it wouldn't be good.

Excatly, it wouldn't be good at all.. lol!!
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Feb 23, 2008, 11:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by IreallyDontKnow
    well the easiest as selfish one would be that i get laid or that I get a virgin to have fun with . . .
    So, as I suspected, it's all about YOU.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Feb 23, 2008, 11:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by IreallyDontKnow
    your retarded, go back and read im not from USA so its not illegal and at 14 didnt you know what you wanted? I know I did
    Sorry, 14 is 14 no matter where you live. And, the legality is only one of the many things that is wrong with this. And, when I was 14, I didn't even know what I didn't know. And, you say you knew what you wanted at 14, you don't even know what you want at 18. That is why you posed this question. And, I could go on all day, but I won't.

So,to answer you question, in a word... NO!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search