Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paronee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2004, 11:23 AM
    Gas cutting
    I wish to know about gas cutting application,i.e. using oxygen & LPG ( Propane + Butane).

Kindly letme know the comparison when using oxygen with Acetylene.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2004, 03:59 PM
    Re: gas cutting
    With a properly set up torch, you can produce a very hot flame with oxygen and any of a number of flames. Acetylene is the most common, and may produce a hotter flame. Once you have a piece of metal, often steel, hot enough, if you shut off the fuel and leave the oxygen flow, it will oxidize the metal. As you move it, it leaves a hole behind where the metal was burned away. Even using a machine to move the torch straight and uniform, the cut still is a little ragged. It is faster than many other methods especially in very thick metal. It doesn't take any saw blades to dull or brake. Often the ragged cut doesn't matter.

I have been answering questions in dogs and science for children and some other areas most of this year. I found you question by switching to looking at the 10 most recent posts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cutting hair [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody tell me how to go about 'texturizing' the top of my hair for volume?

Hair Cutting [ 2 Answers ]

How can I layer the top of my hair only. Do I hold the hair straight up vertically or horizontally? Do I cut it straight off. Do I cut from front to back, or back to front? I'm trying but need three hands. I know there is an easier way. Thanks for the help in advance. Glad to be on board. ...

Cutting rafters [ 5 Answers ]

How do I figure out the length and seat cut of rafters if my building is 8ft. Wide with a 6/12 pitch

Cutting Hedges [ 2 Answers ]

I have two sections of hedges in front of my house that are about 41/2 feet high. I would like to cut them back to about 3 feet high. What is the right way to do this? Thank you.

Cutting down on gas bill [ 6 Answers ]

I just got my gas bill for last month and it was $500.00, much more than the $300.00 I would accept. I live alone in a 4,300 sq ' house plus 1400 sq ' basement that I work out of. Will it help to seal off vents at the furnace to a few of my bedrooms? I have 5 bedrooms but only sleep in one and my...

View more questions Search