Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DoodleBug Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2006, 07:49 AM
    Chihuahua potty training
    Ok Labman, here's another question for you on my Chihuahua potty training. I have a large front porch (large to my little puppy, anyway) and 5 or 6 steps that he cannot yet manage. I have a lot of leaves on my porch right now, so I started putting the puppy out there yesterday to use the bathroom so that we don't have to carry him all the way to the yard every time (esp. at 4am). Do you think it'd be OK to fix up a little litter box of sorts with dirt and leaves in it for puppy on my front porch? I figure when he can get down the steps on his own then he can/will go to the yard. Not that we don't ever take him to the yard, especially when I'm at work I take him out a lot. I AM going to get a crate, though, hopefully this weekend.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2006, 09:46 AM
    Sounds close enough to outside not to create problems later on. It also may be better as far as disease carrying loose dogs. That is a problem even the best immunization program can't always protect the little ones from.
    DoodleBug Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2006, 10:08 AM
    Thank you! I am going to sweep the leaves off my porch today (lol) and fix him up a spot then, and it won't be difficult to clean up. He was starting to chew on and play with the puppy pads and that will not do. He also likes to play on the porch which gives me a chance to leave him out to run around and not have to watch him like a hawk. You guys don't know how much I appreciate your help! I'm sure I'll be back asking all sorts of questions as my puppy grows.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What about potty training? [ 9 Answers ]

My 5 1/2 yr old ADHD and bipolar granddaughter is not potty trained yet. It does not bother her to "sit in it" even to the point of making her bottom bleed. She will go potty if reminded but my mess herself 10 minutes later. We are at our wits ends! Anyone? Please? :confused:

Potty training [ 19 Answers ]

My son turned 3 years old in April and will not use the potty! He's not interested and wants nothing to do with it. We have tried all the usual approaches without any luck. Any good ideas?? I've already tried 1- putting a potty that makes a flushing sound and a hurray sound in front of the TV...

Potty Training [ 2 Answers ]

My female miniature daschund has been with me for 1 month. My mom think scolding her and spanking her is how you train a dog. Whenever she comes in the house she eventually pees or poops if we don't get her outside imeditly. She is always desperate to find a way inside the house or she begs at the...

Potty training and peeing... [ 5 Answers ]

I have been trying to potty train my puppy to use the bathroom outside, but I am also still using puppy pads because he has started peeing A LOT. I think it is because he thinks every time he pees on the pad he'll get a treat. I did give him treats some because I'd rather he used the pads than my...

Potty training [ 1 Answers ]

I got my miniature dashun in the winter. When I got home the dog did have some accidents on the carpet then we tried bringing her outside and she would do her bussines outside sometimes. Then when it got really cold she stopped and we got the puppy training pads. Until now she knew that she had to...

View more questions Search