Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eck437 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 02:41 PM
    Mortgage holder of a piece of property?
    How do I find the mortgage holder of a piece of property?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2008, 03:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by eck437
    How do I find the mortgage holder of a piece of property?

In my area (NYS) the original mortgage is filed with the County Clerk and you can look it up by property address - also the local Assessor's Office sometimes (and only sometimes) has it in the event taxes aren't paid and they have to notify the mortgage company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mortgage holder has passed away [ 1 Answers ]

When we purchased our home it was financed in my husband name only. Since that time he has passed away. I am on the deed and it is registered within the county which we live. I have continued to make the payments on the home loan. Do I need to tell the mortgage company about his death? If so, what...

Paying a mortgage, holder deceased [ 4 Answers ]

My father quit claimed his home to his father, and minor children (myself and brother) without our knowledge at the time. After his death, my grandfather took us to a lawyer and quit-claim himself, leaving myself and brother on the deed (age 20 & 21). I have been living there ever since, and...

Finding a mortgage holder [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me how to go about finding the bank that holds the mortgage for the house next door to me that was abandon? The house is filled with flies and there is an oder from inside. Please let me knowif there is any help! We are in Charlotte, nc.

Mortgage Holder [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find the mortgage holder of a particular property. I have located the county tax assessors ID # of the property.

View more questions Search