Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nez&melon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2006, 06:46 AM
    2 Ceiling Lights stopped working
    Both my upstairs landing light and bedroom light have both stopped working. What ever has caused them to stop also appears to have blown the bulbs. I have changed the bulbs and checked the fuse board (not sure if that's the correct name for it) but all the switches were still on. I turned them off and back on again but still no joy. If anyone has any further suggestions it would be great to hear from you before I go to the expense of getting a sparky out.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2006, 10:08 AM
    How does the switch feel when you turn it back on? If it doesn't snap inti position and pushed back a little, there could be something shorted in one of the light fixtures. With the switch in the off position, you could take the fixture apart, and look for a wire burned to part of the housing.

The switch or breaker as they are called could also be bad. Replacing a breaker is not a good starter project. A good expert here should be able to give instructions to people that come for help, and know when to say call the professional.
    Nez&melon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2006, 06:38 AM
    Cheers for that, I'll check the switches again tonight when I get home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan light fixture stopped working but fan still works why? [ 14 Answers ]

New light put in my Hampton Bay ceiling fan, but then after a few days, no light bulbs work but fan runs fine, why is this happening?:confused:

Hampton Ceiling fan remote stopped working [ 50 Answers ]

I moved into our house about 1.5 years ago. In one room there is a Hampton Bay ceiling fan which has a remote control. A few weeks ago the whole device stopped working, meaning we can't get either the fan or the light to turn on. We replaced the battery in the remote control, and checked the...

Ceiling light stopped working [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Last night I turned on the ceiling light in the hallway and it made a popping noise, with a small blue flash at the light, exactly like when a light bulb has just burned out. There are three bulbs in the light fixture and after that none would come on. I changed all three bulbs and the...

AC compressor stopped working [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Amana central AC that the compressor just stopped coming on after a severe rain storm the fan also has a hard time starting but will go if you help it. The thermostat is working and the ac turns on but no compressor. I get 230 volts on the red and yellow wires coming directly out of the...

Ice Maker stopped working... [ 18 Answers ]

Copied from the Plumbing Section: My ice maker stopped working. I found the water line (upper right) tube was frozen. I wrapped a hot towel around it for 10 minutes and that worked. Now I can hear water filling the ice maker (I think), but still no ice - after 10 hours... If I need to pull the...

View more questions Search