Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wnk_1001 Posts: 46, Reputation: 4

Feb 20, 2008, 10:59 AM
    CPS - Child Protective Services
    Does anyone know if CPS will provide the resources for a parent to get help, such as rehab, if the parent is found to be on drugs?
    thegandyman Posts: 26, Reputation: 6

Feb 20, 2008, 11:02 AM
    No but if CPS is taking your kids away, the judge will usually court-order some kind of help and/or rehab. The parent will then have to be evaluated before the chillin's are returned.

Feb 20, 2008, 11:23 AM
    You have been most helpful, thanks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 20, 2008, 11:29 AM
    CPS won't, but they will probably refer you to an agency that will.
    thegandyman Posts: 26, Reputation: 6

Feb 20, 2008, 11:29 AM
    Let me also note that having a parent on drugs doesn't always mean CPS will become invloved. Only if the children are in danger of even if it's reported, plenty of parents have full time custody and a long list of drug charges against them, so don't just think that because the parent has a habit, that CPS are going to bust in on them and start snatchin' kiddies in the night.
    CPS doesn't have the recources for that but we would all prefer the parents to just not be on any drugs. The sad thing is that some of the recreational drucs are less damaging than the prescribed narcotics many parents are on.

Feb 20, 2008, 11:53 AM
    CPS intervened because of severe medical/physical neglect. I was just wondering if mom was going to receive any help for her drug addiction through the process. She abuses prescription medications, alcohol and marijuana, with no desire to stop. I merely assumed CPS would run a drug test and find her some help to getting well which in turn helps the baby.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CPS lied about the child I adopted [ 5 Answers ]

How can I make CPS take back the child I adopted for my families safety. The child I adopted turned out to be a sociopath and uncontrolled bipolar kid that is destroying my family. CPS lied to us about his past medical issues.

Child protective services [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Michigan, me and my boyfriend have been dateing for and year and getting married in 2008! My boyfriend have a child with another woman, I believe that the child being neglect and the mother is on some kind of drugs but I'm still keeping my eyes open! Should I do something or call child...

Cps took baby [ 9 Answers ]

Cps Took My Breastfeeding Baby Away And My 3 Boys, Because I Didn't Take A Second Urine Alysis Test Because I Was Sick I Have Doctor Note But My Social Worker Didn't Care She Said Its And Automatic Positive I Never Used Drugs In My Life And My Children Are My Everything, I Have No Money For An...

Should I call CPS? [ 20 Answers ]

I do have a question, when I saw my daughter today she had a pretty bad bruise on her temple right next to her eye, and a partial black eye. She said that her mom hit her with her elbow, I know that the child ask for me all the time. And her mother is not well mentally. Does anyone think that I...

Custody of child who was removed by social services [ 1 Answers ]

My husbands child was removed by social services from the child's mothers home. They live in Kentucky we live in Indiana. How do we get custody of him. She has been charged with indecent exposure charges and is in a step dads aunts home. We were told by an attorney that it would take eight weeks to...

View more questions Search