Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 09:39 AM
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow (pet memorial)
    Well, Allheart is at it again, decided to think :eek:

I know when I lost my "babies" there really wasn't a hurt that could compare. I wanted to let the world know about my babies, but didn't know where to go, or who would listen.

All of us that love our little and big ones, know how much love and devotion they are here with us.

I was thinking it would be nice to have a place for them to be remembered and I am hoping here is okay.

Here are a couple of my "babies" and I would love for you to share yours who are now "Somewhere over the Rainbow" .

Name:  Kara and Flakey.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  14.4 KB The First little one is my current angel Kara, who is still with us, and is Mommies heart. She was trying to keep up with her Big Brother Flakey, who is now in doggie heaven. Flakey was 15 when he passed and was our first. What a special little guy he was. So good to his sisters, loved everyone except men. But he loved his Daddy. He was purchased at a pet store before we knew the things that go on with pet stores. He had mental special needs but he truly was Mommy and Daddy's heart. He was our protector. He protected like a rottwellier and loved like a big hearted puppy. Miss my buddy... lots.

Name:  TinaMarie.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  21.0 KB This one is our Tina Marie. Who also is in puppy heaven. Tina left us way too soon at the young age of 7 with kidney failure. She was a Mommies girl and was afraid of people, places and things. Her brother Flakey loved her to pieces and was heartbroken when she passed. Tina was not very kind to Sir Flakey, the little diva that she was.

Well, there's Allheart's heart in a nutshell. Hope I am not making anyone sad. They are a precious part of our lives, with their only purpose in life, is to love us unconditionally and well deserve to be remembered.

Would love to see who entered all of your hearts as well :)
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29

Feb 20, 2008, 11:57 AM
    We feel your pain... those little ones are in a better place now and you will be reunited with them again someday I'm sure!
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xphelper
    We feel your pain... those little ones are in a better place now and you will be reunited with them again someday I'm sure!

Aw thanks xp, it was a bit ago, but I do agree we all be untied again someday.

Thanks!
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2008, 02:13 PM
    I really miss my first childhood dog.
    Her name was Blondie.
    She was a little mixed breed stray dog that followed me home on my bike one day when I was 7 years old.
    She died when I was 14 years old and it was a heartbreak.
    I still dream about her sometimes and would like to think that it means she's still with me.
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2008, 06:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AKaeTrue
    I really miss my first childhood dog.
    Her name was Blondie.
    She was a little mixed breed stray dog that followed me home on my bike one day when I was 7 years old.
    She died when I was 14 years old and it was a heartbreak.
    I still dream about her sometimes and would like to think that it means she's still with me.

Kae,

Before I even read your next line, that just what I thought. In my heart, I truly believe, Blondie is right there with you and letting you know that she is watching over you, just like always :)

((((((( hugs to Blonide ))))))))))
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Feb 27, 2008, 06:21 PM
    I miss my first dog, tipsu. She was a kelpie cross cattle dog, and she was actually around when I was born and I grew up with her, so it was such a shock to me when one day we got home and she was barking and she was so excited to see us and came in and had a fit on the carpet. When we took her to the vet my mum said she was being put to sleep, and when I got in the car I asked "whens tipsu going to wake up and be better?" and then my mum told me she was dead and I cried :(
    Was such a beautiful dog, but was very old and had suffered from tics and stuff. She was very clever and could keep a balloon in the air with her nose, and won several awards at dog agility competitions. Used to dig up the yard and run away heaps.
    That was a long time ago now. Also lost before her 2 goldfish (little brother fed them cola) 1 finch (little brother poked it with scissors, rest of them flew away when wind blew over cage) mice (mine was called snowball and it had babies, parents got rid of them then lied saying they escaoed). Now we have a border collie and a cat which are not very bright lolz but still cute.
    FallenFromGrace Posts: 101, Reputation: 15

Feb 27, 2008, 07:00 PM
    Argh.. Allheart. How is possible that you make me all teary-eyed and smile at the same time?

Mindy

Mindy came to our household when I was 8 years old. She had been dumped out of a moving car on the side of the road. Mom stopped to see if she was still alive. She was. We scooped her and took her to the vet. She was fine, amazingly. When I was 16, Mindy developed a rare blood disorder, she had to have 3 blood transfusions and her spleen removed. They said she wouldn't make it through the night, she did. When I was 23, however, Mindy relapsed. By that time I was already working for Animal Control. When the Vet said she needed to be euthanized because she was in pain, I received permission from my boss to euthanize Mindy myself, in our home. I administered Ketamine first to ease any effects and then injected the Fatal Plus. It was the single hardest thing I have ever had to do. Since then I have had to euthanize thousands of animals with Animal Control, but Mindy was my first. And I can't wait to see her again.. She's going to love Katie. :D
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 08:35 PM
    I'm out of kleenex and now I'm bawling like a baby. All of your stories are so wonderful.

Allheart, you are well named, you already know about my little Silver, he is in doggy heaven in all his 5 pounds of glory. I truly believe that he was waiting at the pearly gates for both of my parents and they are together now. One day I will see them again.

My current babies are; Indy (13 year old Labrador mix, our first baby), Jasper (7years old Border collie mix, our little trouble maker), Cotton (1 year old bunny, my avatar), Thumper (unknown age, bunny, shelter rescue), Oreo (unknown age, bunny, donated by people who didn't want him), Marty (1 year old cockatiel, former parents were allergic) Goldie (4 year old goldfish, she cost 27 cents and she's still alive)

I love my fur, feather and fin babies, and I will be adding to my family as soon as I can find more room. I no longer adopt from pet stores, it's either a shelter rescue or taking on a pet that knowone else wants. My Thumper was returned to the shelter twice because of a bad attitude, I think it was the people he was adopted by that had the attitude. He's a lovey, cuddly, sucky baby. I tried posting some pictures, but I'm having some computer problems. I'll try again later, but it's a long list.

Feb 27, 2008, 08:43 PM
    Altenweg.. I love you! You're helping save the world... one critter at a time!
    Pets Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 09:08 PM
    Oh Thanks Fallen, I'm not all that remarkable, I know others that are definitely doing more. Were I live you are only allowed two dogs per household, otherwise I would have more canine companions.

I think that Thumper knows I'm talking about them, he's looking at me funny. The bunny cages are all lined up against a wall right by my computer, they are allowed to hop around while I'm typing away, if only they'd stop nibbling on cords, maybe that's why I'm having trouble downloading any pictures.:p

Fallen, I think that the work you do and have done is remarkable. It takes a special person to be able to work in a shelter and still have a smile on her face. If anyone is saving one animal at a time, it's you, I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Feb 27, 2008, 09:13 PM
    Thanks and I love the working and volunteering at the shelters, but without people like you we would have to euthanize every animal that walked (or hopped) in the door. That I could not stand. It is the people that are willing to open their homes to these unwanted animals that are making a difference. The fact that more and more people are spaying and neutering their animals is fabulous. But like a little kid, I want more. Ok, I won't be an accomplice to threadjacking again!:p Sorry Allheart, I'll get off my soapbox!
    Pets Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 09:29 PM
    I'll stop too, I really should have learned my lesson by now. I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

God bless you Allheart and Fallen, and God bless all the fur babies, past and present. Just one final thing I thought you might enjoy.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...

Author unknown...

Altenweg out.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2008, 10:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    Kae,

Before I even read your next line, that just what I thought. In my heart, I truly believe, Blondie is right there with you and letting you know that she is watching over you, just like always :)

((((((( hugs to Blonide ))))))))))
    Awe Allheart, as I'm sure your beauties are still with you as well.
    Just keep hugging the one you have:) and smile, yes lots of smiles, and memories;)

Altenwig, that was beautiful:)
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Feb 28, 2008, 12:18 AM
    You are all such wonderful caring people :)
    Pets Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 08:46 AM
    I love this site, you are all so wonderful. Were is our glorious Allheart today? Allheart, I miss you, come out and play. Okay, here's the poem I sent to my husbands cousin a few months ago when their beloved dog Mandy died:

My best friend closed her eyes last
    Night, as her head was in my hand.
    The doctors said she was in pain,
    And it was hard for her to stand.

The thoughts that scurried through
    My head, as I cradled her in my arms.
    Were of her younger, puppy years,
    And oh… her many charms.

Today, there was no gentle nudge
    With an intense “I love you gaze”.
    Only a heart that's filled with tears
    Remembering our joy filled days.

But an Angel just appeared to me,
    And he said, “You should cry no more”,
    GOD also loves our canine friends,
    He's installed a “doggy door!”

- - Jan Cooper - - 1995

I think that says it all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rainbow Movie? [ 3 Answers ]

I 'm looking for a movie from the 80's about a couple of children who find a rainbow and go through it and find a magical land. I'm beginning to think I made it up. Does someone know the name of this movie. I thought originallt that it was call the "land of far and away".

Loss of a Pet causing distress on another pet [ 1 Answers ]

Our 4 year old cocker spaniel has experienced the loss of her best friend, our 14 year old Dalmatian. She is exhibiting behaviors that we are not sure how to deal with. She refuses to go onto a tile floor such as the ones in the bathroom or kitchens, and is peeing and pooping in the house quite...

Memorial contribution flowers or money [ 2 Answers ]

When sending a card for bereavement should you mention that you sent a memorial contribution? My spouse died last year. People sent money (in-lieu of flowers) to a local zoo. I could never thank any one the zoo was not able to tell me where the money came from. Thanks!:

2 months apart and he wants to go away with the boys for Memorial Day weekend [ 3 Answers ]

I have been in long distance relationship for 5 months we met before an accident caused me to move back home only 2 hrs away. I had surgery 2 months ago and couldn't travel for a month or so over the past few weeks when I mentioned coming to visit he had plans going to a game, overtime, a...

Rainbow bread? [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone else remember Rainbow Bread? I remember it looked like all of the colors swirled out from the middle. It was made by a big corporate bakery (like Wonderbread or something). I would have been the early to mid 90's. I remember the commercials and I think I ate it a couple of times, but...

View more questions Search