Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sam_antha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 07:49 AM
    Bench Warrant
    If I have a bench warrant issued, for a traffice violation, can the police(law) arrest me at my house/job/while I'm walking with my baby?

Thanks,
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 08:00 AM
    Yes; get a lawyer.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2008, 07:15 PM
    If they recognize you while outside walking the police can arrest you. They can also come to your home and arrest you there. They can also go to your job if they know where you work. Like George said above - get a lawyer or risk getting picked up anywhere at anytime.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 20, 2008, 07:19 PM
    Why would you let this get so far as to have a bench warrant issued? Especially for a traffic violation. Get this straightened out NOW!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 20, 2008, 07:48 PM
    Yes, hey can arest you anytime they want.
    It would be sad, walking your baby, you get handcuffed, baby goes to social services till you make bail or some family member comes and gets it. That will look good to the neighbors.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2008, 04:53 AM
    Hello sam:

What do you think a warrant is? Who do you think the cops are? Don't you watch cops on TV? Do you think they're just going to tap you on the shoulder and ask you to come with them?? No, they're liable to tackle you and step on your head.

excon
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Mar 3, 2008, 02:52 PM
    Why don't you just go turn yourself in and take the risk of being shamed in front of people out of the equation?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2008, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_antha
    If I have a bench warrant issued, for a traffice violation, can the police(law) arrest me at my house/job/while I'm walking with my baby?

thanks,
    Just out of curiosity - what do you think a bench warrant is?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I fly with a bench warrant [ 10 Answers ]

I am on vacation right now and I just found out I have a bench warrant issued for a misd. Charge. Will I be arrested at the airport when I come back? Please someone help me

Traveling with a bench warrant [ 4 Answers ]

Will you get arrested/ stopped at the airport if you have a bench warrant?

Bench Warrant [ 1 Answers ]

I have a friend that was sent to prison for 5 years for unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon. He was offered 2 years but decided to go for the jury trial. After the trial he was convicted to 5 years. (He had a terrible court appointed attorney that did absolutely nothing to help him.) He...

Bench Warrant! [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend got a DUI. He did not show to the mandated program he was to attend and failed to appear at the last court date. If he were to show up at the court house, would he be arrested on site??

View more questions Search