Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevenson33989 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 07:02 AM
    Pet meds for fleas
    I have tried everything to resolve fleas on my dog and still find them. Yard and house has been treated as well. What do you suggest?

- moved from Introductions -
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 07:24 AM
    Frontline is good.
    Sarah_the_vet_tech Posts: 38, Reputation: 11

Feb 20, 2008, 11:25 PM
    Sometimes it takes two or three times of treating your home before they are gone.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2008, 12:06 AM
    Frontline or advantage worked for me in the past when even Orkin didn't seem to be able to solve the problems. We went through numerous treatments, sprays, etc before finding frontline and advantage... Made me a true believer.
    FallenFromGrace Posts: 101, Reputation: 15

Feb 21, 2008, 01:14 PM
    The animal shelter that I was based out of always used Frontline Plus for dogs. (Usually Revolution) You have never seen a flea infestation on a animal until you have been to a shelter. There were times when I wanted to put Frontline Plus on myself. The results were amazing, within 8 hours we would go check on the animal and find very few if any fleas.. alive anyway. ;)
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Feb 21, 2008, 01:16 PM
    I've always used Frontline Plus. I've had good success with it.
    Rosco37 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 03:52 PM
    Just returned from my vet. He sold me a medication by prescription only, given once a month, which he guarantees is better than any other medication or flea collar. It is called Comfortis.
    carolbcac Posts: 342, Reputation: 72

May 14, 2008, 06:16 PM
    I've also just started using Comfortis. It is supposed to be very good. The dogs have only had it for a few days, probably too soon to pass judgement, but when I bathed my Doberman, I didn't see ANY fleas. So far, so good.
    tlaneh Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 04:00 PM
    I have been using advantix. It's great. Never a flea on my dog or cat. It's great. I am now trying something less expensive, I hope it works. Also, if you are having trouble with fleas in the house, try an old way of getting rid of them. I used it several times, years ago and it worked perfect. Take some aluminum pie pans and put enough Dawn dishwashing liquid in the bottom to cover the bottom and rise up just a tad. Place pans near places the dog lays. You will be surprised to see how many fleas will be in it the next day. Keep changing it out until you are rid of the fleas. I don't know why it has to be Dawn, but it's the only one that works.
    carolbcac Posts: 342, Reputation: 72

May 17, 2008, 09:38 PM
    Just a note: Advantix should only be used on dogs. Advantage is available for both, and is probably what tlaneh meant. Thought I should clarify just in case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Type of meds 2 help kick pain meds. [ 5 Answers ]

I was told there are medications to help kick pain pill addiction. PLEASE if anyone knows the names of them whether meds or a supplement let me know.

Loss of a Pet causing distress on another pet [ 1 Answers ]

Our 4 year old cocker spaniel has experienced the loss of her best friend, our 14 year old Dalmatian. She is exhibiting behaviors that we are not sure how to deal with. She refuses to go onto a tile floor such as the ones in the bathroom or kitchens, and is peeing and pooping in the house quite...

Old meds. [ 2 Answers ]

If I have 13 caps of cephalexin perscribed to me in 2002 can I take them now for my sines infection?

Which anxiety meds to use [ 1 Answers ]

I'm been having anxiety attacks especially while driving. I've been trying deal with my anxiety without medication, but the fight is getting harder. When I deal one symptom another one arises. So lately I've been taking xanax right before I due to drive home. Speaking with my doctor, she...

Young kitten with fleas + Pet dust? [ 3 Answers ]

A friend gave me a kitten he rescued the other day. I'm assuming it's about 3-4 weeks old. It has a bad case of fleas and I used some pet dust that I have on it without really thinking. What can the side effects of this be? :confused:

View more questions Search