Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ölscheich Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 12:18 AM
    Visiting the United States with misdemeanor record
    Hallo

I have been traveling to the US since 1980 back and forth.
    In about 1985 and 1989 I got a conviction for solicitation of an act of prostitution.
    Each time I asked an undercover police woman for a sexual favor.
    I had to give my fingerprints to them and I was arrested in each case.
    Really I am very sorry for this and most likely I was at those times out of my mind,like any man may be at the time.
    I know it is not understandable but in the US it seems to be a real heavy crime.

Since than I still traveled back and forth and I never mentioned anything on the I-94 entering form.
    The last time I was there was before 9-eleven.

Since 9-eleven I have heard that they can check now at the border if someone entering the US has a record and I am afraid , if they find out , I may be sent back right away.
    This has been so long ago and today I actually laugh about my being so stupid doing something like this.

I know so far , that I would have to apply for a Visa for the US.
    But would they let me into the country with such a redicolous crime done?
    Would they treat me like a pervert at the consulate?
    What are the procedures?

I would like to hear from someone that has some experiences about cases like this .

Thank you so much forward for helping me.

With best regards Ölscheich
    Dana2007 Posts: 230, Reputation: 5

Feb 20, 2008, 12:24 AM
    I don't have any experience, but my guess would be that you would not have any problems.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

United States Marines [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, First of all, here is a little bit about me; I'm 19 years old, completed High School and went through one and a half years of college before dropping out and taking a break. It's not so much a break as it is the feeling that this is not what I want to do. So, I decided to drop and start...

College grad misdemeanor record [ 5 Answers ]

I recently found out I have a misdemeanor criminal record. I was caught on video shoplifting when I was 16, and plead guilty, under the impression it would be on a juvenile record and wouldn't show up. However I have discovered NY is one of 3 states where offenses committed @ 16 or older go on...

Where are course on the United States Constitution [ 2 Answers ]

I am an American citizen and would like to learn more about the American Constitution. Where may I take a beginner's course in Bakersfield, California?

United States Military [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking for someone who has been in the military or knows a lot about the military, preferably the Navy. I have a question I need to ask and I only want the opinion of someone who knows about the military. Is there anyone out there?

United States Constitiution [ 2 Answers ]

Name the four ways in which the United States Constitition has been developed since 1789 and give an example of each.

View more questions Search