Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aces4 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 11:54 PM
    I have no internet when I leave the house with my laptop
    My laptop doesn't have internet service when I leave the house, what I can I do to fix this? I don't know too much about it but once I leave the house the internets gone! :confused: :confused:
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29

Feb 20, 2008, 12:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aces4
    my laptop doesnt have internet service when i leave the house, what i can i do to fix this? I dont know to much about it but once i leave the house the internets gone! :confused: :confused:
    You home setup is probably wireless to a router and then hard-wired to an ISP from there (cable or dsl). So, if that is true, when you leave the house, you are too far away from the router to get a wireless signal on your laptop. Now, if you are supposed to be 100% wireless from your laptop to the internet (works somewhat like a cell phone does), then you would be able to leave the house and still connect to the internet.

Feb 20, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xphelper
    You home setup is probably wireless to a router and then hard-wired to an ISP from there (cable or dsl). So, if that is true, when you leave the house, you are too far away from the router to get a wireless signal on your laptop. Now, if you are supposed to be 100% wireless from your laptop to the internet (works somewhat like a cell phone does), then you would be able to leave the house and still connect to the internet.
    How do I make my laptop 100% wireless?

Thank you so much for your help!
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29

Feb 20, 2008, 04:49 PM
    Verizon is one of several 100% wireless internet service providers. See here for details or call them directly for more information: Wireless Internet Access

Feb 20, 2008, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xphelper
    Verizon is one of several 100% wireless internet service providers. See here for details or call them directly for more information: Wireless Internet Access
    Thanks for your help
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2008, 05:24 PM
    There are generally two methods. 1) through the cellphone's USB connection or the use of 2) an Aircard.

With USB, you can talk on the phone at the same time. I believe that you can also use Bluetooth to connect to the laptop. I use the USB method and/or a Bluetooth headset. The advantage of USB is that it will charge the Laptop.

I also believe it's possible with the Aircard with a headset. The Aircard is tied to the provider, much like the cell phone is unless unlocked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop freezes on internet [ 6 Answers ]

I just got a new to me R40 Thinkpad 2.4G with 768mb. I purchased it used so the only thing on it is the normal Microsoft XP Pro software package. It has also Internet Explorer 7. Connection is DSL on a new Zoom ADSL X6 modem with a Linksys wireless card It totally freezes trying to get to some...

Getting someone to leave your house [ 5 Answers ]

In the beginning I rented the second room in my 2/2 apartment to someone I was involved with several years ago. He has always dwelled in his own room and their is no romantic issues. We did not sign/write a lease. I knew it would be in my best interest but this is someone I trusted and thought...

My laptop doesn't connect to wireless internet [ 9 Answers ]

I have a dell inspiron laptop which has wireless capability. The OS is Windows XP Professional with SP 2. It used to connect to internet with the built in Wireless connector some time back . I have a desk top which I use to connect to Timewarner cable connection. It has a wireless router . So, my...

Laptop internet access [ 1 Answers ]

OK, so I just bought a dell inspiron 1721 and have no internet access with it. The owner's manual tells me that, in order to get access to the net, I need an "express card". OK, I've got that. But I've also had people tell me that I need a router too. Forgive me, but I know absolutely nothing about...

Connecting my laptop to the internet using my desktop connection [ 3 Answers ]

Hello young folks, Here is my problem. I have a desktop computer with WIN ME just got broadban internet. Can I use my new laptop WIN Vista to connect to the internet using my desktop connection? I was told something about a router?

View more questions Search