Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leakinleana Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2006, 08:05 PM
    Atlantic crosing in a small boat
    I am trying to find a documentery of 3 men in a 23 ft boat that croused the atlantic back in 1957 or around there. It was on TV and I saw it but can't find it again. I have meny detales of the crosing and all that stuff but I may be in the wrong dept for this and no use putting in a lot of info for nothing. Thanks charlie can you help?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2006, 07:37 PM
    Africian dugout
    In 1956, Dr. Hannes Lindemann begins the voyage on which he became the first person to cross the Atlantic Ocean in a small boat (17 feet). Lindemann, a German physician on a U.S. Air Force base in Morocco. He wrote a bookAlone at Sea, about his two journeys across the Atlantic Ocean. Battling thirst, hunger, mental disorientation, hallucinations, lack of sleep, and shark encounters, Lindemann successfully sailed alone across the Atlantic in 1956 in 76 days in a Klepper foldboat double seat Aerius to which he added an outrigger and mizzensail. Leaving Las Palmas in the Canary Islands, he reached St. Thomas in the US Virgin Islands just after Christmas. His prior crossing was in a 23-foot African dugout canoe in 1955.

So it is Dr Lindemann in 1955 in a 23 foot dugout,
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2006, 05:40 AM
    I researched the question too, and Lindemann's trip was the majority of the links... but he was alone. I could not find a story about 3 men crossing in a small boat in the 50s.

leakinleana, are you sure that the story you are looking for is about three men?
    houston144 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 07:10 PM
    The year was 1957

The boat, was a thunderbird...

And yes you got just about everything else right.

I got proff.

Check out the main forum on fiberglassics.com, editing video as I type.
    houston144 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by leakinleana
    i am trying to find a documentery of 3 men in a 23 ft boat that croused the atlantic back in 1957 or around there. it was on tv and i saw it but can't find it again. i have meny detales of the crosing and all that stuff but i may be in the wrong dept for this and no use puting in a lot of info for nothing. thanks charlie can you help?
    Email me at [email protected], I found what you are looking for at the end of a news reel, I put screen shots up on the main forum of FiberGlassics - The Finest Classic Fiberglass boating enthusiasts website

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use this to take someone to small claims? [ 5 Answers ]

I am going to make it short and sweet. We went to settlement on the our purchase of a home and, because I thought I knew the person we bought our home from I did not take a written agreement. BIG NO NO on my behalf realizing that now... The agreement was for the seller to come back and repair...

Name of movie with boat and mermaids/sirens in cold [ 1 Answers ]

People on a boat in a cold place mermaid/sirens (pale with black eyes and hair sharp teeth long nails) singing, men went into trance the only woman on the boat did not. It was very cold. Can't remember if it was a pirate movie or what.

Boat Motor-Not Started in 2 Years [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 40HP Yamaha motor on a Pontoon Boat and have not started it for 2 years. It has been sitting outside in the weather. What should I do before I put fresh gas/oil in can and crank it up. It has been sitting in my driveway unused this long. Please give me any suggestions as what I should...

My boat and dock where destroyed by neighbors broken loose boat during hurricane [ 3 Answers ]

As I said above, during hurricane Wilma my neighbors boat broke loose from its mooring and floated down to my dock, two homes away, and proceeded to smash my boat and dock until the storm was over. My dock was destroyed and my boat was knocked off the lift and sank, Do I have any recourse, as my...

What actor died on boat near Mexico ? [ 5 Answers ]

Back in the late 50's or early 60's there was a TV or movie actor that died aboard a private boat off the coast of Mexico. With him were three Mexican woman companions. I can't remember the name of the actor. Does anyone know with certainty who it was ?

View more questions Search