Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dubber Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2006, 07:45 PM
    Wood heat
    Wood stove in basement,would like to use blower on existing forced hot air system to move heat in basement to first floor.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2006, 08:22 PM
    Somebody else was trying that here without much luck. Look back through the Heating and cooling area. Switching the furnace blower to ON would circulate the air, maybe moving the heat from around the stove to the rest of the house. Not much to lose trying it.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2006, 05:35 AM
    I would go gravity vents. A wood stove cranks out major heat: I think it would work!
    (You'd have to open up vents anyway, so it can't hurt to try)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing from gas heat to electric heat [ 3 Answers ]

How do you change from Apollo gas heating system to electric heating system?

Wood paneling [ 6 Answers ]

I just bought a house with ugly brown wood panneling :( For a cost effective solution (for now) instead of ripping it down, can we paint it? How about white washing it? Would white washing it make it look more like birch? We have the northwoods theme going on so that might work. ANy advice...

Wood fence [ 1 Answers ]

I want to build a fence 8 ft tall and I am requested by the city engineered wind load calculations for 90 miles per hour, sustained for 3 seconds. How do I calculate this? Thanks for any help

How to stain wood? [ 2 Answers ]

My question is simple, I believe. What is the proper way or technique in staining on wood. I have kitchen cabinets, doors, and trim that I would like to stain. American Cherry stain is what I have, and I am putting it on pine, popular wood. I know I need foam brushes and all that LOL. I think I...

View more questions Search