Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gremlinscd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 02:55 PM
    100 amp subpanel
    I am connecting a 100 amp subpanel from my main panel on my home to be used in my new garage that is 155 feet from the house. The main panel is a 200 amp combo box on the outside of my house that supplies a 200 amp panel inside my house. I have been told that I may use mobile home feeder 2-2-2-4 aluminum wire to do this. I will bury the cable in conduit for the majority of the 155 feet. I believe that I will need one gauge larger and had planned to buy the larger wire before the hardware store told me I could use 2-2-2-4 mhf wire. The cost difference is significant. Is it really OK for the 2-2-2-4 mhf wire. I believe it is only rated for 90 amp at 75 degrees C which is what the panel is rated. Should I go with 2-2-2-4 al or the bigger wire. Thanks
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 03:00 PM
    In my area that would be fine since we can use Table 310.15(B)(6) to figure sub-panel feeders. Some areas do not allow the use of this table.

If they do not in your area simply use a 90A breaker.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Running two 100 amp main panels from a 200 amp service [ 27 Answers ]

Greetings! I live in a rural country area. The electric company will be installing a pole, meter, and 200amp service with disconnect at pole. (It will require 50 foot run of service cable from pole to main load center in mobile). Currently the double wide has a General Electric 100amp Main...

Running 2 100 amp breaker boxes on 200 amp meter base [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 100 amp breaker boxes,but the meter base is 100 amp.Wanting to put 200 amp metet service with disconnect box.Can some one tell me if this is possible.and how you would connect the 2 breaker boxes to the disconnect box.Thank you

100 Amp Subpanel from 200 Amp main panel [ 2 Answers ]

I want to install a subpanel to be used to supply branch circuits to a new kitchen, laundry, garage, and some additional lighting and receptacles. The 200 amp main panel is about 50 ft away but because of the obstructions, we'll need about 85 feet of cable to connect the 100 amp subpanel. Since...

Maximum subpanel on a 100 amp service [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I have a decent size 2 bedroom house with a 100 amp panel. I want to put a sub panel in my garage that's about 50 feet away from my panel. I was wondering what the maximum sub-panel is that I can put in my garage. I have a small welder and a possible small compressor that I would like to...

Add 100 amp subpanel to 200amppanel [ 1 Answers ]

Wiring diagram for 100 amp 4 feet away 200 amp

View more questions Search