Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FallenFromGrace Posts: 101, Reputation: 15

Feb 19, 2008, 01:42 PM
    Who is the more experienced lover?
    Do you think that you gain more sexual experience from having 1 or more long term relationships or do you think more experience is to be gained from many one night stands?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 01:46 PM
    You don't learn anything from one-night stands... because its over and they are gone before you get to understand what makes them tick.

You will learn far more from a series of longer relationships. Assuming they are with the right person and you chose to learn from them. Not many people do.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 01:52 PM
    I'd say long term relationships help you know more about YOURSELF, which helps you to be a better lover--because you're less focused on YOU anymore, and more focused on the other person, which allows you to, in turn, learn more about pleasing another person.

Honestly, though, I think that self-confidence, knowledge of yourself, an open mind, and a willingness to TALK about sex makes a person a better lover, whether they've had many partners or none.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 11:38 PM
    For a woman, the best chance for developing a great orgasmic capacity is with a husband, according to a study I read.

Fantastic sex is *not* sucking and manipulating genitals, *great sex* originates in a woman's brain. For most women, it is about a man's marital commitment which generates trust... the woman can feel more confident and relaxed and free to be adventurous!

One night stands can be thrilling for a female who has already become a fully orgasmic woman.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 11:58 PM
    In long term relationships you get to know one another and feel comfortable around each other. The more comfortable you are the more you are willing and able to share your feelings and ideas, the more you'll talk about your likes or dislikes and that in turn leads to better sex.
    anamia Posts: 25, Reputation: 7

Feb 20, 2008, 03:05 PM
    You can pick up some neat tricks from a one night stand, but you could just as easily get them from talking to your guy friends or reading Cosmo. Being a great lover is knowing that it's a marathon - not a sprint. Taking time with a lover and really understanding their needs and how to provide what they need takes time and attention and is only gained through experience with that particular partner. Think of the lovers you have had... they are all different... so next time the navy is in town, keep those knees together - stick with your significant lover and you will most likely have more significant sex.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2008, 10:10 PM
    Long term relationships fail and succeed because they force you to face yourself.

Anyone can screw like a banshee for a night.

Honest truth is this... I think its mixed. I've learned different things from different lovers... and I've learned unique things from the strains, pains, and gains of long term relationships.

So honey, I'm going to answer you with "yes"

Each relationship teaches you about yourself. I am who I am in bed today not because of my 10 year relationship with my partner... it's the combination of that relationship plus all the others before her.

Not trying to wuss out on you here. Its just not a black or white answer. Multiple partners have taught me about how different women can be physically, and long term partners have taught me how sex is just as much about sensuality and mental turn ons as it is about sexuality.

Did I confuse you? Good. I'm a boy. I like to make girls cross-eyed. Its one of a few superpowers we have. Don't ask about the rest... you might blush.

It takes effort, work, and planning to screw like a banshee after 10 years of marriage, a kid in the house, and a 1 hour window of opportunuty.

I'm an arse from time to time. I like to hear myself say witty things and pretend that it means something. Hope you can get the truth from the noise.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 21, 2008, 08:40 AM
    KP- How did you manage to get 1 hour? I get 20 minutes tops, and that's on a good day. It seems that my kids sense when mommy and daddy need some "alone" time, they've got radar.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I believe I have just experienced implantation bleeding [ 5 Answers ]

Normally my period comes on like gangbusters... heavy and immediate. There really is no warning - no light to heavy trend. Today I went to the restroom and noticed a spot of blood... faint pink and very small. I have been cramping and bloated, tender breast, and a little emotional. I realise that...

Virgin with experienced girlfriend [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my girlfirend have been seeing each other for about 3 months now and she says she wants to start having sex, I'm a virgin and she is experienced so I'm kind of nervous and wondering what I should do, like what if I do it wrong and she is not pleased or somehting.. I don't know any sugestions...

Experienced Girlfriends Past [ 1 Answers ]

This is silly, but I am having a real problem with my girlfriends past. I know that who and what she is now.. what I fell in love with... are all necessary products of what she's been through. I also know the pat answer of... " well she's with YOU now". In the disclosure part of the...

Has any one ever experienced this? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 1 week past ovulation and I am experiencing some nausea and also I have got and yeast infection (sorry to be so blunt). I have never had one before and I just wonder if that could be a sign of pregnancy or if any one has ever had this happen to them.

View more questions Search