Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeves Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 09:48 AM
    Meeting with ex
    Hi there,

I had a girlfriend of 4 years- things weren't really working. We had some problems in our relationship- but we never really talked about them, as she had a close relative who was terminally ill.

It has been 2 months since we have broken up- we both miss each other and have said so. Tonight we are meeting up for the first time- I feel so scared and nervous about how I will feel. It is her dads 60th be on Sat- she wants me to go, so we are meeting before then so it isn't awkward on the day.

I have no interest in other women at all- and I just seem to think about her.

Help- in 2 hours I will be meeting- I don't know how to act, what to say- I still have feelings for her

Thanks

jeves xx
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Just be cool, and listen to what she has to say. Honestly hard times draws people closer, so no idea where this is leading, but is there a chance this is all show for her fathers benefit?? Don't let your feelings blind you to what's really going on.
    duck22 Posts: 115, Reputation: 31

Feb 19, 2008, 10:40 AM
    Hey jeves relax and just act yourself. Keep it casual and listen to what she has to say, you do not want to talk about anything that may put pressure on you or her when you two meet. She should have the impression that you are doing well on your own (even if you are not). If you are still interested in her, take things slow and do not get your hopes up unless you are prepared to get shut down. Taliman put it pretty well when he said "dont let your feelings blind you to what's really going on. If things are in fact going well, maybe you can hint that you are still interested in her but make sure you do not come off too strong. You definitely do not want to come off as desperate or needy. She should think that you are still interested in her but do not need her. This is just my opinion on the matter, whatever you end up doing I hope it works out for you. Good luck and take it slow.

On a side note do you truly want to be with her or do you miss being with somebody. Think about that as well.
    anamia Posts: 25, Reputation: 7

Feb 19, 2008, 12:13 PM
    My ex from college (we dated 5 years ago) spent the weekend with me. We hadn't seen each other in over a year, but we had been talking on the phone. It was a little awkward, but when you still love someone - it is a lot easier than you think to make it comfortable. It really felt like we had turned back the clock to the last day we saw each other (well.. the last good day at least). I think absence makes the heart grow fonder. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Embarrassing meeting [ 5 Answers ]

A guy goes to the supermarket and notices a beautiful blond woman wave at him and say hello. He's rather taken aback, because he can't place where he knows her from. So he says, "Do you know me?" To which she replies, "I think your the father of one of my kids." Now his mind travels back to the...

Meeting with Ex and I don't know how to handle it. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm not used to writing or posting things about my life, but I'm in a serious bind and incredibly nervous. I hope some of you can help me. PS: sorry if this is long, but it makes more sense this way A little background information: I started seeing this girl a little over 17...

Meeting new people! [ 2 Answers ]

Just wondering has anyone got any good ideas wher and the best way to meet new people?? :confused:

Since meeting someone, my friend isn't the same [ 2 Answers ]

Well basically, me and my best friend are very close however since she returned from her holiday she has been very different and will hardly talk to me! She met a friend who apparently she became very close to and who she 'loves' (I presume as a friend as she has a boyfriend) But now I feel like...

After first meeting [ 1 Answers ]

My lunch date was OK, but I would like to hear from him again. Should I call or wait for him to call?

View more questions Search