Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 20, 2008, 02:02 PM
    The only thing fake about this marriage is YOU.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 02:11 PM
    Yes, you have violated rules made for those who fear the devil. They know a lot about life and how to make it work while they fear themselves. You are not crazy, you are in pain, lying to oneself does that. You cheated? So what? What will you do now? That, I think was what you were asking. My answer remains the same. Tell yourself the truth and follow your heart.
    Expert

Feb 20, 2008, 03:27 PM
    follow your heart.
    That what is at the root of his problem. Follow your heart, is just a selfish way to say, screw everyone, this is what I want. To bad for you!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2008, 03:32 PM
    Yep...

A healthy, sustainable relationship isn't all heart or all mind. Takes balance.
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 10:13 PM
    Yes, that's right, a healthy marriage takes balance. Heart, mind and soul. Perhaps what I meant, or what would be better understood, was follow your soul. The soul certainly does not tell us to "screw everyone, this is what I want. Too bad for you. "The soul says "we are all one." If he is dishonest with himself while honoring a commitment made when he was a different person, he is lying to everyone. That would make the marriage "fake." If he discovered that he preferred men for sex, what would be your advice then?

My response was in response for what he expressed as real to him now. If you feel that he is full of it, that is real for you now. No one is wrong, or right so why fight?
    dvhhen Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Feb 21, 2008, 07:17 AM
    I went to counseling 3 times last year.

The first one asked me: “What really holds you staying in this marriage?”
    I thought hard, very hard and only could say: Guilty.
    “Why?”
    “Because of commitments.” I listed lots.
    She then said: “What’s difference between your commitments and your signature on your marriage certificate?”

The second asked: “What do you really want from life?”
    I again thought hard, very hard, but couldn’t answer any.

The third one didn’t ask any sort of those hard questions but said: “I don’t think you have choice.”

The three consultants said one thing: I am wasting time.
    Time = Life, which everyone seems to know, but not really.
    Expert

Feb 21, 2008, 07:42 AM
    All due respect, was it guilt that made you get married in the first place, I don't think so. Your guilt is because you're a cheater, and a liar. That's what you need to reconcile, your own actions. No different, than any other who goes outside the marriage, and loses site of what they have, in the name of their own happiness. Now you wish to justify, and be supported, for further pain, you have cause the innocent ones in your life?? You don't deserve to be happy, until you at least, make amends to the ones you hurt. That is the only way you will find peace, is by doing the right thing by those you have cheated, through no fault of their own. Then take your lying', cheating A$$ somewhere and pray to your God, to forgive you and show you a better way. Your counselors are full of bull, if they have not pointed that out to you.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 21, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Have to spread the love, KP, but I completely agree.

Great--you met this woman you once loved. You have a connection. Are you the same person you were when you loved her? Truly? And is SHE the same person SHE was?

I doubt it.

You're loving a memory, and memories have this way of getting rosier with time, all the bad stuff kind of glossed over.

That being said, you owe the woman who gave you 17 years of her life SOMETHING. She's now past her youth, with children. What are HER possibilities of finding love again? You've taken the best years of her life, and now you want to just say "oops, sorry! I never really loved you, here's the woman I loved all this time--Either I'm going to leave you for her (which is bad) or I'm going to make you feel bad for the rest of your life that I committed suicide because you wouldn't just LET me go to her"

I wouldn't blame her for wishing you dead.

You're trying to put the onus of this choice on her, trying to make it so that she's either "letting" you go, or "forcing" you to suicide.

Like KP said--Grow a pair.

It's YOUR choice. Quit trying to make your wife make it for you. And at least have the decency to quit dragging it out for her.

I understand that love is important. I just think that honor and commitments and keeping your promises are MORE important.

PS--I hope she takes you for every penny in the divorce, and your alimony settlement is awful enough that the other woman has to accept you for love only, because you won't have any money.

Feb 21, 2008, 08:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    ... Your guilt is because your a cheater, and a liar.... You don't deserve to be happy, until you at least, make amends to the ones you hurt. That is the only way you will find peace, is by doing the right thing by those you have cheated ... Your counselors are full of bull...
    Hi talaniman,
    I agree my counselors didn't offer much help. But you didn't neither.

I feel guilt NOT because of my cheating or lying, but maybe NO-cheating and NO-lying.
    I don't deserve to be happy, NOT until I at least, make amends to the ones I hurt, but until I at least, could make amends to MYSELF! Why don't you see I hurt myself?

Lots people, who believe in God, could easily forgive those who hurt them. Because they understand: No one is responsible for anyone’s life except oneself.

I hope you are one of them.

Feb 21, 2008, 09:50 AM
    And dear Synnen, you force me giving more facts.

The facts are:

1. I am not going to get myself into my g/f’s marriage. I don’t want her into mine neither.
    2. I owe nothing to my wife. Just before getting married, I told her everything of my past. Then I said:’Please reconsider, I am a men who doesn’t know love anymore. I like you but I can’t say I really love you.” My wife responded: “I don’t care. I really love you. Life is short.”
    3. Before seeing my g/f after 20 years, I asked my wife. She encouraged OK and said: “If you both still in love, you can go. she was before me, I shouldn’t be jealous.” I was so silly to believe it.
    4. Then just before going to see my g/f, I saw my lawyer and signed the paper which gives every penny to my wife, if I divorce.

I only want to be free.

But in the end, my wife said: “I only need you.”
    Expert

Feb 21, 2008, 10:28 AM
    Why don't you see I hurt myself?
    That was YOUR choice, and hurting your family was YOUR choice also. You will never convince me you need sympathy, nor will you get my pity either. Does your family deserve the hurt, and shame you bring to yourself, and them?? What kind of man puts himself before his family? Oh I forgot, you do! Your family has my sympathy, not you.

I saw my lawyer and signed the paper which gives every penny to my wife, if I divorce.

I only want to be free.
    Good if I believe you, which I don't.
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2008, 06:29 PM
    'Deciding' whether a person deserves my sympathy or empathy is a function of feeling as if, they are not part of me.
    Expert

Feb 22, 2008, 06:09 AM
    'Deciding' whether a person deserves my sympathy or empathy is a function of feeling as if, they are not part of me.
    Your right. My call, my decision, my feelings, my opinion. No sympathy, no empathy!
    nadologist Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2011, 06:12 PM
    I feel for you dude, I really do. A story not too dissimilar to mine. I chose to stay with my wife, cause that's what's real. What WAS real all that time ago, was another time. You should always think, if you do move on (follow the heart - which is a little dicey anyway), what guarantees are there?

Fr_chuck ended it well. You could end up with much less than you ever will have... again. Work at it, more than you did when you lost your girlfriend in the first place.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 22, 2011, 05:49 AM

This thread is three years old. Please watch dates when responding.

This thread is closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fake orgasims [ 10 Answers ]

I always fake it... I know its worng but it makes my husband happy/ proud and I know it "hurts" me I want to know how to start have MIND BLOWING SEX with out the disappointing time laps of having to go off "faking it". Basically I want to have as much fun as my husband.

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

Fake id [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so I was wondering what happens if you get caught with a Fake ID in Vegas. I was wondering that when I went this weekend. A lot of people looked so young. :cool: I'm 19 and I was wondering. I'm not planning on getting one but am very curious of the penalties. :rolleyes: I know I know I...

Fake tan [ 1 Answers ]

How can I make my fake tan go darker, I usually use a the joinsons holiday sun, then put fake tan over it, but it doesn't ever seem to go that dark? X

View more questions Search