Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angie343536 Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Feb 18, 2008, 11:45 PM
    Starting your own business
    If you started your own dry cleaning business, how would you handle cash collection? How would you handle debit/credit card transactions? What safeguards would you put in place to ensure that all collections are handled properly? Why?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 12:24 AM
    Is this a homework question? It would help us to help you the best to know if it is a homework question or not.

Feb 19, 2008, 12:31 AM
    I guess you can call this a homework question because I have to do a business plan.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 12:39 AM
    Okay. Thanks for the explanation. Then, let's start at the top. What is it about cash collection that you need to know and prepare for as far as making a business plan?

Feb 19, 2008, 02:08 AM
    Are there any type of procedure you have to do in cash collecting when someone pay for the dry cleaning service? All my questions are part of my operating activities that I am trying to figure out and get a better understanding.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2008, 12:18 PM
    You mentioned safeguards. Are these questions from the point of view of internal controls? If so, start by thinking how an employee could either cheat and steal money from the company, or ways that errors could be made but not caught. That tells you in what way the system is not safeguarded, and then you can think along the lines of how to fix that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting a business [ 1 Answers ]

How do I start my own Trucking company

Starting a new business [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I'm Sharon from North Carolina and I'm starting a new service. My first customer (hopefully) will be a big one and I just can't find the right words for the first papagraph. I am working on my company's introduction letter. Boy, do I need help. Sharon

View more questions Search