Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hurricane Vince Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2008, 09:41 PM
    Put on your thinking caps. 80's Sci-Fi movie wanted
    Hello all...
    I found this site because I was looking for a movie from the 80's. It's a Sci-Film from around 82-86 (not sure exactly what year). All I remember was that the people had to go through some portholes or time warps, there might have been 7 of them. The only other part I remember was them in a land of barbarians...

I know I gave you little to go on but ANY help would be great. I know it's not Time Bandits (which everyone thinks of right away).
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Is that Time Machine?

The Time Machine (2002)

Andy's Anachronisms -- The Time Machine(2002)

EDIT
    Ooo... you said 80's. Sorry. :) Check out this site: Andy's Anachronisms -- Time Travel Movies Maybe you'll find what you're looking for!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2008, 07:28 PM
    All I can think of is Sliders and Stargate
    Smees Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 02:49 PM
    I would have thought Time Bandits as well but the only other one I can think of that even remotely matches what you're describing would be "Eric the Viking" starring Tim Robbins I believe.

Good luck with that one.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

May 5, 2008, 07:13 AM
    When I read your question, I thought of the 1988 New Zealand film, The Navigator. There are five guys on a quest during the time of the black death, and it starts in the middle ages which could be where your memory of barbarians comes from. They go through a kind of time tunnel and arrive in 20th-century Wellington.
    orfunz1 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

May 12, 2008, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Vince
    Hello all...
    I found this site because I was looking for a movie from the 80's. It's a Sci-Film from around 82-86 (not sure exactly what year). All I remember was that the people had to go through some portholes or time warps, there might have been 7 of them. The only other part I remember was them in a land of barbarians...

I know I gave you little to go on but ANY help would be great. I know it's not Time Bandits (which everyone thinks of right away).
    Sounds vaguely like "Masters of the Universe" with Dolph Lundgren. Maybe, Maybe not... hope I'm right. Good luck!
    skunkman44 Posts: 76, Reputation: 5

Jun 19, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Time tunnel?
    xisled Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2008, 07:50 PM

Time Tunnel?

Sliders?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for an 80's sci-fi movie [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a movie I saw a very long time ago, I Don't have much info about it, just the following: - It took place in December 1999, just before the end of the century. So at the time the movie was made, 1999 was about 15-20 years in the future. - Hockey goals were electronic...

Old sci fi movie from the 80's [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I once watched a sci fi film as a younger man, I cannot remember the tittle please can any one help me. The film was about a young man who got into trouble and was killed by a group of lads. The young guy was sent back and killed the lads one by one with the help of a really cooland very...

80's sci fi movie [ 4 Answers ]

I'm trying to figure out the title of a late 80's or early 80's not too sure... it envolves a kid in space who rides with this group of people on a strange looking ship... thats about all I can think of but I really want to know what this movie is called... I know that one of the people on the...

View more questions Search