Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msc5825 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2008, 09:07 PM
    Foreign Tax Credit Form 1116
    Over the past year I owned two Canadian oil royalty trusts which I sold in November. During that time I paid a total of $425 in taxes to Canada on the dividends. Anyone have an idea how to fill out form 1116? Looks very complicated. Or do you know of some source that has instructions for a simple minded guy as myself? Thanks in advance.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Feb 18, 2008, 09:52 PM
    On Form 1116 you will report your foreign income and taxes paid on it. This you will figure out your foreign tax credit.
    I is too difficult to do it manually. I have always done this using a tax software.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help me compute US tax liaibility after foreign tax credit [ 2 Answers ]

:eek: A us company Frank expand with a new co (Ana) formation into a foreign host company with a 20% tax on corporate income within its borders. At the end of its fourth yr of operations the foreign corp Ana distributes $100,000 to Frank from its earning and progits previously taxes by the host...

Form 1116 [ 2 Answers ]

I have finished my tax return except for filling out form 1116. My gross income for canada was $6908.00. I paid a total of 941.00 in foreign taxes. I can't seem to get my program to finish giving my foreign tax credit. I know its something simple but I can't figure it out. Is anyone available to...

Form 1116 [ 1 Answers ]

I have just about finished with my 2007 tax return but I'm having trouble with form 1116. I had a total of 6908.00 of foreign dividends and paid a total of 941.00 in foreign taxes. My program has a worksheet for form 1116 but it doesn't seem to want to give me the credit. I know some of the credit...

Tax software for calculating foreign tax credits on Form 1116 [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there. I wonder if anyone can advise me which is the best software for filling out Form 1116? I am using Turbotax 'Home and Business' and the IRS instructions together to fill mine out, but the IRS instructions are SO complicated and the Turbotax software assumes that you know a lot about...

Form 1116, foreign tax credit: Tax paid vs tax accrued, exchange rates and dates [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm applying for foreign tax credit on taxes I've paid / accrued on interest earned in savings accounts and certificate deposits in New Zealand. For cds, the bank statements don't give precise dates for when taxes were withheld. And so I have several questions relating to form 1116, Part II: ...

View more questions Search