Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 04:17 PM
    For those of you not American.
    Who would you like to see become the next President of the United States and Why?

Would be very interested in hearing your thoughts,

Thank you, merci, ta, gracias, danke, grazie... etc :D
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2008, 04:19 PM
    Obama. Paul was my first choice though.
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 04:24 PM
    And... why?? :)

(thanks for responding)
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2008, 04:26 PM
    I like what they stand for.
    (Sorry I don't spend extended periods on this site typing long responses).
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 04:29 PM
    Oh that's okay. I understand. ( I really meant thank you :)

I like Obama too.. still undecided though.

Thanks again.

Just interested in the world's view.
    terellowens Posts: 123, Reputation: 9

Feb 18, 2008, 05:00 PM
    English

OBAMA

Because I believe he will actually solve some issues not just for Americans but for the World
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 05:16 PM
    Obama. He's fresh and inspring. I think not only do you guys NEED him to be Pres by indeed the world does. The other candidates would only offer much of the same which in the eyes of most of the rest of the world (which is who this thread is aimed at) would be very disappointing. I have more reasons which you will see in other posts but don't have time to elaborate now.
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Nobody has time for me :(. Just kiddn honest I am.

So far Obama.

By the way, thank you all for caring. I know you care how it effects the world but us as well... so thank you.

Fingers crossed the best one gets in there for all of us.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 07:36 AM
    Ahhhhh I see . Obama would be the world President and not the AMERICAN President. I think McCain could make that a campaign issue on his behalf.
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 07:40 AM
    Evidently you are not alone in your thinking on this matter

American Thinker: Obama, The Global Candidate

Obama will be packaged as the Global Candidate to whom the world's poor and oppressed look for signs of hope for the future. His mixed race and varied national backgrounds symbolize his connectivity with peoples across the planet. The adulation felt for him beyond America offers the U.S. a chance for enhanced strength and repaired credibility worldwide. Sure, he's an American citizen, but he's also a global citizen, a man of the world.

The MSM will assert that the next president must not just lead the nation and the Western World, but he also must heal the international wounds caused by the Bush administration so that he can lead the world community to address serious global issues. As the MSM projects Obama as the Global President, they'll place before us, in print and on screen, individual people-of-color in Second and Third World countries endorsing him.

The MSM will tell us we need to more seriously consider who the international community wants in our Oval Office. That appeal will score with Americans who hunger to be told we're loved by others. Obama's speeches have already laid the foundation for the MSM's Global Candidate template. He tells his audiences that their support of him will not only change the nation, but change the world.

The collateral wing of the storyline will predict the world's profound disappointment if Obama loses in November. Americans will feel guilty if the world awakes the morning after the second Tuesday in November to a President McCain. And, we'll be told, the world will feel more frightened and distrustful of us than it already is. The MSM made a similar, but weaker, appeal in 2004 for John Kerry, particularly in reference to European countries. But Kerry was never close to the international rock star status that Obama has already attained.

]Meanwhile, the MSM will make no effort to peel away the veneer of conceptual vapidity surrounding Obama's seductive oratory. They will not push him for clarity or details. Instead, they will be his campaign's de facto PR firm. Rather than probe his intentions, they'll focus on his emotional appeal made via ethereal notions of hope, compassion, love...(cue the inspirational muzak).

In short, the MSM will not require that Obama bring his intentions down from 60,000 feet to runway level. And, when people enter the polling booth to vote, with regard to Obama it won't be so much "What you see is what you get" as "We're not sure what we saw, or what we'll get, but it sure made us feel good." Sadly, for some, that will be enough.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 08:17 AM
    Maybe we can help him with some campaign slogans?

"Obama: hope for your hummus"

"Changer le monde avec Obama"

"Obama: schnitzel on every plate"

"Obama: warm beer for all"

"Barack: rhymes with Iraq"

"Obama: Just pretend he's Irish."
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 09:27 AM
    Speech,
    You are indeed a true Texan. :)
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Speech,
    You are indeed a true Texan. :)
    Hey, what can you expect when you live down the street from this:

Actually, it's just for the tourists - we don't actually eat there. Maybe Obama will drop by and give the 72 oz steak a try :D
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 09:48 AM
    Nah, he's not backwards.
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Nah, he's not backwards.
    Neither are we :rolleyes:
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 10:12 AM
    I'm American.

Obama.

I've read both of his books and have liked him since he first come into the political spotlight in Illinois. He and his wife would be wonderful ambassadors to the rest of the world, regaining respect for the United States. He's smart, a quick learner, doesn't descend to the least common denominator but is able to reframe attacks into positives, is open-minded and flexible and honorable. I could go on and on, but you probably get my drift.
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Audacious is a 43 year old writing his memoirs . I read 'Audacity of Hope' but not 'Dreams from my Father '.' Audacity' can be summed up by saying it is Obama's complaint that Congress cannot get together in a bi-partisan way to pass the Democrat agenda.

Yeah I think he may make a good ambassador too. Maybe the next President will appoint him to the job.
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 10:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    I'm American.

Obama.

I've read both of his books and have liked him since he first come into the political spotlight in Illinois. He and his wife would be wonderful ambassadors to the rest of the world, regaining respect for the United States. He's smart, a quick learner, doesn't descend to the least common denominator but is able to reframe attacks into positives, is open-minded and flexible and honorable. I could go on and on, but you probably get my drift.
    Maybe he should talk to his wife about things:

"What we have learned over this year is that hope is making a comeback. It is making a comeback. And let me tell you something -- for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country. And not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. And I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction and just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment. I've seen people who are hungry to be unified around some basic common issues, and it's made me proud."
    For the first time in her adult life she's proud of her country? What a low, dishonorable, negative, undiplomatic, pathetic thing to say. Seriously, I can't think of a much worse thing for someone campaigning to be first lady to utter.
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 10:51 AM
    Steve

Especially given her privilaged existence. Princeton and Harvard Law educated after attending a prestigious high school (Whitney Young... considered the elite high school in Chi town... the city's first magnet school ;ranked among the top 10% of high schools nationally ). Her dad was a precint captain in the Daley Machine. She has had a very successful public and private career .

There is no reason for her to have been ashamed of her country .
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 10:54 AM
    I like Barack and his wife even more now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

American Government [ 1 Answers ]

Im taking American Government classes online and, I'm confused about a lot in the class. I need Help please anyone willing to help tutor me for free, please email me. Thankss :)

How does she become American like me? [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancé is a Canada native.. She wants to live here in the USA with me, I'm an American how do we take care of this situation?. I'm enlisted in the Us Navy, and I'm going to ship out in January... Can she stay in base with me? While the paper work is pending? Cause I also did a K-1 it's in...

American literature [ 1 Answers ]

I really need help on some questions I have on my work for homeschooling :confused:

American Government [ 1 Answers ]

Definition of: the group that thought the Constitution set up a government that was too powerful was the ____________?

View more questions Search