Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bskinner57 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Jan 23, 2006, 09:42 AM
    Orgianal cabbage patch dolls
    My dad has a large collection of cabbage patch dolls he would now like to sell. Anyone have any contacts or ideas of how to sell any or all of them?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2006, 09:46 AM
    eBay seems to be the logical answer here.

Jan 23, 2006, 12:06 PM
    Thanks for the idea. I will be quite busy as he has no computer, will give it a try and see what happens
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2006, 12:15 PM
    If you live in a large city there is a whole mini-eBay economy that has sprung up involving small businesses who will do your eBay selling for you. You can read about it here: http://onlinebusiness.about.com/od/s...baydropoff.htm
    Hypatia Posts: 163, Reputation: 27

Feb 16, 2006, 12:58 AM
    Sadly this isnt the ideal time to be selling those dolls. Currently the generation of Cabbage Patch lovers are just now entering the nostalgic phase of their lives. Give it another 10 to 20 years to allow the 30 somethings to want to buy back their past and you will find the asking price to skyrocket. Research the market and compare trends to dolls from the 60's. This should be simple using Ebay and Google as your research providers. Also do not sell in multiple numbers as each doll might have different values due to production rates.

Hypatia

Feb 16, 2006, 07:56 AM
    Well iguess these dolls will have to disappear as I'm tired of them being in my house. They take up a whole bed rood, and they don't even belong to me.. They have been here for 17 years now, not going to be here much longer..
    Zipper Posts: 116, Reputation: 8

Feb 19, 2006, 04:29 PM
    Why not write a jokey letter to your local paper and TV station about the dolls crowding you out and wanting to dispose of them.
    It's a story that could catch their eye (good picture opportunities) and give you some free publicity.

.. and maybe, a buyer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Children's movie from 80s or 90s.. Dancing baby dolls.. apple tree [ 6 Answers ]

There is a movie I used to love as a kid and I have no idea what it's called. There is a girl who enters a world through her mirror where there are little babies singing and dancing on a bridge. She does something and falls into a hole where there is a witch and some monsters and a big apple tree...

Dolls [ 1 Answers ]

I bought 4 dolls at a yard sale because they are unusual. I have no clue what they are. They are all men dressed extravagantly. It looks like real or fake fur around their hats, some have little bells on their clothes.only their faces and hands are polyresin? Their clothes are really something...

Looking for cabbage recipes. [ 6 Answers ]

It's fall and we have an abundance of cabbage, but not a surplus of recipes. Would appreciate any family favorites that you might have. Especially from ancestors. We already make stuffed cabbage and pierogies. Anyone have something special that they would care to share? Thanks. Dave.

Security patch ? [ 1 Answers ]

What is a security patch and what is a patch manager? :)

View more questions Search