Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SanBar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2008, 01:48 PM
    Sub-Panel installation
    I want to install a 100 amp sub panel in a shed located approx. 100' from the main house panel. The shed is a wood work shop where I will be using a variety of power tools from radial arm saw to table top saw. Is the 100 amp panel sufficient? What size wire should I use, I was told 6/3G. I will be using PVC conduit. I was told to connect the sub panel to a 50Amp breaker in the main panel. Is that sufficient or should I with a 60 amp breaker?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Feb 18, 2008, 04:32 PM
    See this link:
    Wiring an Detached Garage - 1999 nec

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaker size in main panel to support sub panel? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am wiring a sub-panel to the outside of my home (50 feet from main 200 amp box). I ran 3 wire - 6 gauge. What is the largest 2 pole breaker I can put in the main panel to supply the sub-panel. TYPE NM-B 6-3 WITH GROUND 600 VOLTS CIRTEX-I EZ-STRIP (R) PLUS 17:11 2/5/07 SB/RC ...

Main lug panel installation [ 2 Answers ]

I have spliced into a 220 feed running to my pump house to run power to a playhouse. There were 3 direct burrial #6 awg cables. When I tracked them I had 2 hot and one Neutral, No ground was ran with them. At the pump house the panels ground bar was grounded by copper and rebar into the earth....

200 AMP Service panel to 200Amp Sub Panel [ 1 Answers ]

I getting new 200Amp service to surface mount service panel. I want to run 2oo cable to bring it sub panel in my Garage which is approx 120Ft Run through ceiling. 2 Questions 1. Is there any ristriction on running a 200AMP inside house to garage ? 2. I got a dirt cheap subpanel that has...

Bathroom or outside Breaker panel installation. [ 2 Answers ]

I asked this before, but can not find the answer.. I am installing a 150 amp service, and originally was putting the breaker box etc in a 1/2 bath.. and was told, that is not proper.. So, I can install same unit, opposite wall, but will be outside, under a totally dry balcony type place, and I...

Kenmore Elite Dryer Toe panel - how to get panel OFF! [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite Model # 110.600094990 27 inch Electric Dryer - NOW How the heck does one take the Toe Panel Off / or Open this lower section of the dryer? There are two lower edge clips and two upper edge retainers. I CAN NOT get the panel to budge! This is a 7 yr old unit. Thx DAS

View more questions Search