Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stieg1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2008, 11:58 AM
    Glove box light remains lit
    2001 Ford Explorer - Glove box lamp remains lit all the time. Any secrets on this one? Unable to remove lamp.
    hauser5 Posts: 699, Reputation: 92

Feb 18, 2008, 12:19 PM
    If I remember correctly, it has a black post that when you close it, it pushes it in right? If so, maybe the glove box is mis-aligned, or the post is broken off to some degree. If not visible, may be on the top behind the glove box. I remember having this problem before, and have been around a lot of Explorers. If I see one at a used car dealer, I'll go look!
    merlinct7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2009, 06:58 AM
    I have the same problem. I unplugged mine, as I assume the switch is bad, though I'm not sure what it looks like or where it's located. I don't believe it's the normal pin switch, but rather part of the latch mechanism.
    You'll find the light under the dash above the box. Open the box and push in both sides and it will drop down so the light will be in plain view. There is on wire leading to the light and it can be popped out with a small screwdriver.
    At least the light will not be draining your battery.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My pilot light won't stay lit [ 6 Answers ]

Help,I have two problems.. My upstairs furnace pilot light will light,and after holding down the pilot button for about 3-4 minutes(it says one minute,but it won't stay lit after only one)it stays,but will go out again in a day or two... The furnace for the downstairs won't light at all.. I can't...

Pilot light does not stay lit [ 2 Answers ]

My pilot light does not stay lit. I have to light it 2 or 3 times everyday. Is it the igniter or the thermocouple?

Burners won't light, or, stay lit [ 3 Answers ]

1'st time trying to turn heat on with new furnace-- hot surface ignition system -- burners don't light , or, stay lit -- can't tell which. Any special sequence needed to light? Any help appreciated

Pilot light not lit [ 1 Answers ]

I have a comfortmaker 9/90. Pilot light is not lit, where do I light the pilot?

Pilot light lit / Heater not going on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a fireplace insert that is one season old. We turned it off when we thought summer had arrived. Well it got cold again so I turned on the pilot and tried to get some heat. The problem is that the main gas burner will not go on. The pilot is lit and the thermopile for the main gas valve...

View more questions Search