Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lostindebt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2008, 05:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    So you answer the summons with your Intent to Defend and request verification from the Plaintiff.
    Its not unusual for old debt to triple and quadruple with interest and fees.

I'm having the same problems right now, but don't know where to start
    I went to the court house where I was being summoned and asked for a court waiver
    And the clerk can't tell what form I should use for the intent to defend and request of DV.
    I live in California and looked at the website California Courts: Self-Help Center form and I was lost :( and if I get the form what should I put in them like what's the proper way of writing a intent to defend and DV

Please help I'm so stressed and tired :(

p.s. mr.yet I hope you reply I heard you're the best
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 18, 2008, 10:53 AM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

Small claims court is more informal. You just need to answer the summons with a simple letter of your intent to defend against the suit. In this way you get a hearing.

What is your defense?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

FYI sample Notice of Intent to Defend [ 3 Answers ]

COURT NAME HERE PLAINTIFF NAME V DEFENDANT NAME

Intent to Defend [ 1 Answers ]

Would someone mind explaining what an "Intent to Defend" letter is? I just received a summons(8,000 credit card debt) on Thursday indicating I have 10 days to respond. How much time will it buy me by filing this letter? How can I obtain proof that I owe this dept? Thanks. BB

Intent to Defend. What kind of copy is needed? [ 2 Answers ]

Before I mail out my Intent to Defend to the Plaintiff I have one more question. I was told to copy the ItD that I am mailing to the courthouse and send that to the plaintiff. Does copy mean photocopy or will a printed extra do?

Intent to Defend [ 2 Answers ]

I would like a sample form on filing a intent to defend

View more questions Search