Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2008, 12:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    Make yourself hate them everyday from now until then write down everything awful that you can think of. They stink, they cost too much, they cause wrinkles around your mouth, gum cancer etc...........................I'm wishing you luck.
    Just one more... Kissing someone who smokes is like kissing an ashtray!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 6, 2008, 12:42 AM
    Counting on that AK and Capt... thank you.
    Stringer
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 05:29 AM
    A different kind of cheer for all of you today and just a loving reminder... that I am proud of each of you for just wanting to try... and whether you make it through without lighting up or are tempted to light up, or do light up, I still will be so proud of each of you.

And always remember... you can do anything... You Can Fly ! :)

bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 10:14 AM
    ... that I am proud of each of you for just wanting to try..

That is the key "trying" I tried many many times before I found what worked for me. Sometimes those tries were a long stretch in between, so don't beat yourself up, with thoughts or words just do the best you can.
    Business Expert

Mar 6, 2008, 01:29 PM
    I couldn't "rate" either of you two cause I need to spread it around... so:

All I can say is: thank you, nice to know that you guys care... seriously it helps a lot. This is going to a battle... been there before, years ago. (Hope I don't step on others' "feelings" during the process... last time was h**l)

Now, I have even more reasons to quit.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Allheart, thank you so much for that beautiful video.
    The falls look like Angel Falls in Venezuela, if it is, it suits the song perfectly.

I hope everyone is doing well.
    Stringer, how you feeling on the medication?

I've been having withdrawals today.
    Instead of buying Nicoderm CQ patches, I bought the generic brand this time.
    I wonder if generic doesn't distribute the same way or as good as name brand
    And maybe that's why it doesn't seem to be working as well as before. Hmmm...
    Robert Elliott Posts: 4, Reputation: 6

Mar 6, 2008, 02:50 PM
    I have quit smoking every way that has been thought of! I am now trying Chantix and have been successful for 8 days. It has been less painful than any of the other ways. I am hopeful that this time last longer than the 10 years I had quit before I started again. One thing I have come to realize though is that I will always be a smoker fighting to quit.
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 03:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Elliott
    I have quit smoking every way that has been thought of! I am now trying Chantix and have been successful for 8 days. It has been less painful than any of the other ways. I am hopeful that this time last longer than the 10 years I had quit before I started again. One thing I have come to realize though is that I will always be a smoker fighting to quit.
    You answered one of my biggest questions and that is whether a smoker is always going to fight the addiction.
    I guess it's different for everyone and I'm still waiting to see how this time will effect me because I'm still using the patches to help me not smoke.

I have noticed that Chantix has been prescribed to use differently according to the individual person.
    If you don't mind me asking, how was it prescribed for you to use?

Good job so far on not smoking.
    I've heard lots of success stories about Chantix and I hope yours is
    Going to turn out a success as well.
    Business Expert

Mar 6, 2008, 03:48 PM
    AK, Marta said that I should start this Saturday.. no work stress and she will be here with me.. so...

And I think the generic should be the same... this is controlled...

Stringer.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Mar 6, 2008, 03:56 PM
    I quit smoking without using anything about six months ago. I slipped up a few times, but I haven't had a cigarette since the end of August. I tried to cut down a lot before my quit date, and I think that helped. What really helped me was to exercise. I started jogging and it made me feel so much better and helped me to breath better.

My mother-in-law is using Chantix to quit. She has been smoke free for about 9 months now. She was a heavy smoker before, so I was so glad she quit. She feels so much better and says she can taste and smell things better now too. She is also in a support group for people who are trying to quit smoking at the local hospital.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 03:59 PM
    Stringer!! Marta is a wonderful supporting woman, she is definitely going to be your rock! Saturday sounds great!
    Ak, doing good girl, keep it up...
    always_hot Posts: 114, Reputation: 16

Mar 6, 2008, 05:41 PM
    Chantix worked for me I quit last October. I quit a lot of things is my life but I needed the medication to help with this one.
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 05:45 PM
    Thanks always, another success story!!

Everyone who has quit with Chantix, who hasn't already told us, how was it prescribed?
    I've noticed that doctors prescribe the medication based on the individual
    And everyone seems to have a different quiting plan with it.
    always_hot Posts: 114, Reputation: 16

Mar 6, 2008, 05:55 PM
    My Doc perscribed me enough for 12 weeks. I only took it for 6 weeks though. I was could have used the online support but didn't. It was weird because the medication literally made me forget about smoking.
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 07:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer
    AK, Marta said that I should start this Saturday..no work stress and she will be here with me..so.......

And I think the generic should be the same....this is controlled...

Stringer.
    Stringer, what did you mean by this is controlled?

Starting Saturday is a great idea:) Smart wifey!

Always, Thanks again for explaining that.
    You did great!
    Robert Elliott Posts: 4, Reputation: 6

Mar 7, 2008, 05:18 AM
    Akae true, the perscription was to continue smoking for a week or so. . 5 twice daily for 3 days, then 1 twice daily. Honestly I was ready to quit after the first 3 days. Smoking was doing nothing for me. I continued for a week anyway. * was great 9 is looking fine.
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 08:29 AM
    This is so exciting seeing so many people that have made it through! Great job everyone! Ak, you are so strong! Stringer, I know when you put your mind to it, you can do it!
    Keep it up guys!
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2008, 10:41 PM
    Thanks Robert!! Thanks Start!!

Going on a stroll down memory lane...
    Last summer my kids and I pulled into a bank parking lot.
    There was a cigarette butt can at the door with a sign on it that read "Butts".
    My 7 year daughter said, "Mommy why does that thing have the word Butts on it".
    I told her that the end of cigarettes are called butts and that's where people put there cigarettes out at before they go inside.
    My 4 year old son started pointing at me and laughing uncontrollably and said, "you put butts in your mouth:p "
    They didn't let me live that one down for a long time:D
    My kids, LOL, I love them!!
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2008, 10:21 AM
    How are you AK... you doing all right?
    Stringer, you still have "growths"LOL
    I hope you both are doing well, and wish for you to keep on track with this!
    GOOOOOO AK and Stringer!! :):):)
    Business Expert

Mar 12, 2008, 10:29 AM
    Thanks Start, nothing as yet with any new appendages, but I am getting a lot of unwanted attention.

I finished the first three days taking one pill, today I start taking two per day. Remember that I am to continue smoking for a about two weeks then stop... sooooo we will see.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any medicines out there to help stop Smoking? [ 14 Answers ]

Dear Expert Any one have a good method to helping people to stop smoke ? Have any medicine can help ?Is expensive ? Thanks Dick

Why won't it stop? What would make it stop? [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know why But I can't let go of my ex. I don't care about anyone else I just want her. It has been going on now for 3 months. People say time will heal, how long of time? It is beginning to destroy my life I don't even want to get out of bed. I feel that I cannot be full again with out her?...

How to make some one stop chain smoking [ 4 Answers ]

Hey there, I'm kaushal here.. now I have one big problem there.. my brother is becoming chain smoker now a days... and I don't want that.. so if any suggestion would help me to stop him even smoking... I want him to stop smoking completely... please ans me...

I want him to stop smoking. [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone.. I want to ask is smoking bad to ones health?? I know a guy he is smoking since sckool dayz and now he is 27 yesterday I talked with him our topic waz smoking he says no one dies from smoking.. is this true?? I want to stop him from smoking what should I tell him.. when ever I say...

View more questions Search